Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 13:05

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 180/174/142 Female 65.5 inches
BF:32.5%/30.2%/20%
Progress: 16%
Default I feel so guilty!

I was at a potluck dinner at church today. And I cheated on Atkins. I had a brownie. The thing is, is that I don't even LIKE chocolate! I ate it because 1) it looked pretty and 2) because of all the peer pressure to eat. Tonight, I have to go to the pool and picnic thing for my youth group, and I'll be tempted to cheat there too. This with food is the only time I've experienced peer pressure. It's never been to do drugs or drink. But now I'm being pressured to eat thign that are goign to give me hives, make my throat swell, and make my stomach hurt so bad I wish I could just throw up. I know I the simplest answer is to just say no, but in my head it doesn't seem that simple.

And right now I'm drinking glass after glass of water trying not to go find something to eat as a comfort food. Because right now I am so disappointed. I got home from church, and found a call on the answering machine telling me I didn't get the part in the musical I tried out for. It's a blow to me. I'm sitting here holding back sobs. I know things like this shouldn't affect what I eat, but I guess why we have the term emotional eating. And honestly after writing this and thinking rationally I don't feel like cheating, again.
~CindyLynn~
Sponsored Links