Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 11:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 281/243.2/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 31%
Unhappy Sugar Alcohols...they affect me...how 'bout you?

Hi, I'm into my third week of following the Atkins Nutritional Approach. Things are going well and during my 2nd week I started to have the Atkins/and/Carbolite bars as an evening treat. My 1st weeks weigh-in I had lost 7 (I have a lot to lose), the second week I lost under 2 lbs.

Now I fully understand I want to do this slow and I realize that a majority of the 1st weeks weight was water, but I felt different overall. I was still in ketosis by what the strips indicated, but I felt bloated along with dips and spikes in my energy and other things I don't care to mention.

I've just read the "Low Carb Tips" about sugar alcohols and in entering my third week have already decided to do without. I guess I'm just one of those bodies that doesn't do well with that stuff. (Since my husband who is also doing this with me has no reaction). The 'Tips' mentioned something about have Diabetes I? I'm 32, no children and never had any type of testing to determine this beforehand, can I assume that I was very close to reaching that point? I plan on making a doctors appointment to find out, but thought I'd see if I am alone here.

Thanks

Last edited by ydnic : Fri, Aug-22-03 at 11:30.
Sponsored Links