Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 22:35
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default needing advise

ok this might take a few minutes to explain out here and I have a few questions as well
Me and my mother started LC'ing at the same time two monthes ago I started at 298 with 100 to loose (I am 6' so give or take a little) and she was unable to weight on the scale I own (which goes up to 330) my first question is for those that are larger how do you weigh yourself?
now today was our 2 month mark and I have lost 30 lbs and 10 inches while she is still unable to weigh but she has lost 15 inches
the only diffrence is I am more active than she is. I walk to work three days a week, do yoga 2x a week & bellydance 1x a week, Where as she has a office job and gets very little in the way of exersize. Question two, is it normal to loose alot of inches without weight? And also what causes that.
now she is happy for my results so far but I know its making her feel really bad, she is getting depressed cause she isn't loosing and I am afraid she is gonna end up quiting which i do not want to happen. she is breathing better she doesn't gasp for air when she walks and even doesn't snore like she was (acording to my step dad, who is also suportive, though not lc'ing) we have both told her we can see some diffrance but she doesn't belive us. in fact even though her pants are getting looser she insists she is gaining weight that she should eat less ect. any advise for me to cheer her up and help modivate her would be greatly appricated
hopefully this makes sense I am not always good puting my thoughts to words
thanks
Crysania
Sponsored Links