Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 08:25
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 178/149/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default epiphany ...sorry turned out long

HI all, I was sitting down thinking this morning and reading through the section on yoyo dieting, and it hit me as to why this has not caused me great results. granted my results aren't bad for the amount of weight i want to lose (2 lbs in a month just isn't motivating etc).
background: last summer my parents went on atkins lost 30lbs each and have kept it off. i live at home in summers and picked up the woe, but never officially went on the diet. i was 162 and in the course of that summer i went down to 146!!! very exciting, but i did not read any book or follow and guidelines in fact i ate losts od ice cream here and there, beer, etc. but i did stop eating all bread and pasta and have done this all year since then. i have been on a low carb diet all year and never thought about how this may be slowing me down in weightlose, because for the past year i didn;t remotely consider it a diet, since if i wanted a candy bar etc i just ran out and got on and didin't think twice.
Sorry that this is so long but it was a sort of epiphany today as to why i haven't lost much. do you think i should change my stats and consider myself on this diet for the past year??? what do you alll thiink this may mean for my weight lose etc??? i know i have gone through induction twice, used fitday (found i was aorund 1500 calories a day 70%fat etc), no franken foods, exercise an hour a day/weight and cardio(alternating weight training days etc).
i am in no way contemplating quitting, but just want an idea of what to expect and what you all think the past year might mean for me (other than i have no problem with this lifestyle)
thanx for reading through my long post
jean
Sponsored Links