Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: What is your favorite ATKINS item?
Peanut Butter cups 3 37.50%
Chips 0 0%
Atkins bars 3 37.50%
Atkins Shakes 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 22:17

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power Plan
Stats: 282/245/160 Female 5'9"
BF:Yes!
Progress: 30%
Default A newbie from the Pacific Northwest!

Hi all! I just found this website via Ask Jeeves! I'm SOO glad I did!
I started the Atkins diet this past week.. I had been on SO many diets and everything failed.. I even did the "Ronell Diet" consisting of Diet Coke, a Costco soft pretzel and a salad. I lost 60lbs in 2 months , I was feeling and looking great! Until I ended up in the hospital with a gall bladder infection due to me not consuming enough fat. The minute I started eating low-fat items, after all, I had lost all this weight, I sure didnt want to gain it all back! Well, as sure as people think it only rains in Seattle, I gained ALL my weight back, plus a few more..I gave up!
Well, years went by, I had a baby and LOST 45 lbs amazingly! Went back to work, HELLO 60 MORE pounds! I just couldnt win. I honestly gave up. Until about a month ago. I watched a special they had on Nightline (or one of those late night shows) about 6 people going to a 20 year high-school reunion. Each of them needed to loose weight.. One of the guys went on the Atkins diet and KICKED BUTT! I thought i'd try it one of these days.. But never did, until last week. I found the "Atkins New Diet Revolution" book, read it, and started. I had weighed myself prior and was a sickening 275 .. I weight myself 5 days later, 267.. I LOST WEIGHT! I was at walmart shopping for some Atkins bars, stopped off in the "scale" section, weighed myself, the scale said 284!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I stepped off and my heart dropped. I could feel my eyes swell up. I looked to make sure the scale was set at zero, it was. Stepped up again, 284. I started crying. I got so upset.. I had been so strict on myself, I dont know what happened. I went out and instead of buying the Atkins bars, went to McDonalds and had a Big Mac meal. Ate everything. My 8 year old, who has been a VERY big helper, she made sure I didnt eat anything I wasnt supposed to. I taugh her where to look on the labels for the total Carb grams.. When she saw me bite into the Big Mac she got VERY mad at me. I dont know why I did that to myself! I have been checking my ketones, PURPLE every single day. I honestly dont know what I did wrong. I DO NOT WANT TO FAIL AGAIN.. I am going to start all over again Monday, August 4th. I am NOT going to weigh myself everyday. I am not going to fail again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to get down to 150 or so.. Although when I weighed 175, I felt great..I just want to atleast go UNDER 200, and i'd be a happy ATKINS dieter! Everyone have a great week, thanks for letting me vent!
Best of luck to all! Take care, Ronell : )
Sponsored Links