Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 09:07

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%
Angry Frustration...the weight is either coming off slowly or not at all -- I can't tell.

My sister and I are both on our 4th week of this WOE and are getting discouraged. I tried to encourage her last night, telling her she should drink more water and that the less weight you have to lose, the more slowly the pounds come off. She lost about 3 lbs on induction (going from 131 to 128), and has about 10 to lose (goal:118-120). I lost about 4 lbs on induction (going from 162 to 158), and have about 20 to lose (goal 138-140).

The problem is, neither of us have lost anything since induction, in fact I'm up to 160.5 today and I haven't cheated. She was upset last night because she was at 130. We cook dinner a lot together with her fiancee, and do well encouraging each other to eat well. I did tell her to make sure she wasn't eating more than 3-4oz of cheese a day because I think that was a problem for her, and she definitely wasn't drinking enough water. She says she really hates drinking plain water. I on the other hand try to limit cream and cheese and drink tons of water all day. Both of us have exercised less in the past week due to her moving last weekend and getting ready for that...but it still seems like the scale at the very least should be sticking around the lower numbers! Seeing it go up really sucks.

You can see in my journal what I've been eating...maybe I am eating too much? I try to avoid calorie counting and strict carb counting (with lower carb foods anyway like the veggies and meats) because I feel like I have to stick to a measurable portion size and sometimes end up eating more just so I can count correctly. When I'm not fixating on the exact amounts I'm more aware of how I feel and can stop before I get full, just when I am satisfied.

I guess what would be awesome is to hear from people with similar beginning and ending stats, or who only had 10 or 20 lbs to lose, because we just really want to know what's normal at this point, or if we're doing something wrong, etc.
Sponsored Links