Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 15:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/216/115 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 23%

ahhaba,

Boy I have a lot of problems with his email/post. First it doesn't sound like he is very knowledgable regarding the Promino Plus, because it is for weightloss plus other things and he doesn't sound very knowledgable on low carb eating either. The other thing that bothered me is if it was just about my attitude I would not have gained weight in the first place!!! It is not a personality flaw it is about having a metabolism that doesn't function properly. That is why dr Atkins is right on the money with his theory, and so far it has been working for me, it's not about counting calories or fat, it is about stablizing your blood sugar. I have tried everything from low fat diets, to counting calories, to doing Jenny Craig, weight Watchers, Liquid Diet, Nutri Systems, the Hot Dog diet, the Soup diet. Yes I of course lost weight, but the minute I went off usually because I was starving, I gained it all back plus more. Plus I was in perfect shape up until I hit 30yrs old, then the old genes kicked in and it's been down hill. I'm trying to reverse the process with the low carb eating, I've been extremely pleased.

I will tell you this, every person who is a trainer, weightloss counselor, etc will have an opinion on what "they" think will work for you. I have yet to met a trainer that endorses the low carb way of eating. They insist you must have more carbs then what Dr. Atkin advises, and they will tell you exactly when you are suppose to eat these carbs. The way I decide on what supplements to use, I ask people who use the products, and I research it. Then if after my research it still sounds good, and safe I will try it. If it works for me I continue using it if it doesn't work for me I stop. I get tired of people who think they know it all try to tell me what I should take. People are different and supplements will effect people differently. It's no different then prescriptions, I take allergy and asthma medicenes, some products don't work at all on me and some products work great, that's why doctors tell you to try a prescription and see how it makes you feel. They don't say oh you have to take this product because it's specifically designed for your problem and it works. They allow you to give feedback on how the prescription is working. You have to take the same approach with supplements. Don't let some Yahoo who thinks he know's it all cause he's been selling this stuff for 17 years tell you what to take. Listen to different people who are actually taking the supplement. The more people you can find using the product the better you can make a decision.