Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 10:43

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Figuring it out

Weird...I have done sooooooooooo awesome on Atkins so far up until yesterday mentally...Id say my struggle felt really "wierd"...Every Sunday I visit my parents house and do stuff with the family for the day. Well yesterday I drove the 45 mins to the house and the moment I pulled into the driveway I started craving.....craving cigarettes, craving junk food, craving everything....I ended up doing ok all day with my family. Just as background my mother is bipolar and my father anxiety/depression with anger management problems. There was a lot of trauma growing up in that scene, however I thought I was at peace with my family for the most part....I guess all this time, I thought it was me....I was the one that was dysfunctional, I was the one that made everyone fight and go crazy on every holiday and that its my fault I have never been able to keep a relationship longer than 3 months...ever..Well you know what.....I dont think its all me anymore...I am fine all week until emotionally I have to deal with the stress and dysfunctionality of my family.

I did stop at the grocery store on the way home and bought some sugar free candy which I kept within serving size portion (actually smaller). I was getting scared I would totally cheat and eat a Reese's PB Cup King size or something....any insight? anyone have simlar experience?? Anyone have any ideas to cope with this ? I love my family, I dont want to cut them off....they need me on some level and I do love them....
Sponsored Links