Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 14:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/165/126 Female 5ft 4 ins
BF:no idea
Progress:
Talking hi a newbie here

hi very new to this and hope you will bear with me ... it is kinda a long rant....... last year a colleague at work started the atkins diet....... for someone who has battled weight all her life i watched with interest.......I have been reeet skinny, reeeet fat....... thing is he didnt' seem to lose that much weight and although I sorta follwed his advice- neither did I...... ok i didn't have as much weight to lose, nor am I a big eater being your orginal anorexic/bullimic (i can beat jane fonda on the bullimic side - it#s a matter of degrees but trust me it don't go) so the atkins diet was anathema to me - fat high calorie....eeeeeeeeeeek

but figured - i dont eat a lot - can go all day without eating nae probelms - hell when i eat bar the fact i cant be arsed to cook most times, it is low fat sarnies, loads of vegs WHY am I not losing weight....why am I gaining weight...... I am fatter than I have been for 25 years.......Ok i had stayed pretty slim for 20 years after getting anorexia - but it does leave you with a fear of food and i decided to follow him- the workmate.....sooooooooo I fell a wee bit for the have mayonaisse thing cos it tasted sooooo nice.... it is only after reading the book that i see...... eating loads of veges as well and the little bit of cheating most of which I never realised was cheating - aint the way...... i cut out bread and then craved (I did that up until 2 days ago) it like nothing on earth so after a week mebe tto go back to it.....

so let#s see if this atkins thing works - i start tomorrow... ,I bought the book today - it was mind boggling.. I was surprised to see how i had to limit in the induction phase things i love like my veges,,,,,,,,,,, also a lot of other little things I didn't consider carbos - like the dash of milk, the chewin of the gum, the bagel on a saturday after 2 hours at the gym...... to me carbos was avoid rice, pasta, bread , potatoes - which i eat little or none of anyway bar bread - which I also cut every 6 weeks or so - even then i have been taking nasty tasting health food breads with no meat........

I thought i was reasonably clued up about diet stuff - evidently I know nothing about low carbos - so maybe that is why last year the initial 2 weeks without the book failed miserably.... wish me luck
Sponsored Links