Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 20:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/250/200 Female 6'0
BF:ugh!
Progress: 47%
Question Atkins vacation in Paris?

Hi everyone,

I am pretty new to the forum, just signed on a few days ago and have been lurking in the newbies section (except for my "poll" answer). I'm happy to be here and to have found such a supportive community.

OK, here's my question. My induction got off to a very slow and frustrating start -- I don't think I lost anything, but I'm not sure because I didn't buy a scale until a few days ago. I posted my whole sordid story in the newbies section ("2 weeks and frustrated" or something like that), if anyone has additional ideas.

Because I didn't expect to be so resistant to inches or weight loss during induction, I am now a little concerned about a month-long trip I'm taking to Europe in a few weeks. See, I have to eat CHEAP, and the last time I was in Paris, eating cheap meant eating croissants, crepes, baguettes & salami, etc -- basically all of the street-vendor food. I thought that I would have lost enough to make myself a little happy before the trip and not feel so bad about needing to slip in the extra carbs when there (I'm not so worried about the UK, husband and son will be joining me so we will be eating in regular restaurants). Has anyone else done the "economy Paris" successfully on Atkins? Last time I actually lost weight eating this cheapo food, but only because I was walking miles and miles every day (and I was 24). Should I just bag it and plan on going back to induction when the family joins me in England?

Thanks for your suggestions, Athena
Sponsored Links