Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 07:47

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 185/183/140 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 4%
Angry Addicted....need help

Hi everyone. Im sitting here, completely stressed and depressed. It seems as if everyday I start low carb, thinking that "this will be the day I stick to it!!!" but evening hours or even just afternoon hours come and BOOM it hits me. I end up binging on everything I can. I try not to keep high sugar things in the house since my hubby was just diagnosed as being diabetic, but I find other things and eat in excess.

I think about it and when I do, I come to realize that food makes me feel better. My husband and I own and opperate a small basement waterproofing company and we have 2 girls both under the age of 5. With dealing with the guys and with the girls, plus bills that are unpaid, and trucks that break down but cant be repaired because we dont have the extra cash because we cant make any cash because the trucks are down, with buying pipe and stone and diapers.....I feel Im in an endless circle. No matter how hard you try, we keep digging ourself down deeper. And with a Inlaw family that lives up the street and put their noses in our business so much that I have thought about leaving my hubby, it all ads up. Im telling you, the only thing that helps me cope is eating until I am full, which means stuffed. HONESTLY, I never ever feel just "satisfied"....i have to eat until I am stuffed. Literally. I dont think my brain has that sensor.
My mom is always telling me to get my thyroid checked because she and my grandmother are hypothyroid, and I will, soon.

But....back to my addiction to food. I just cant help but use it, and abuse it. What can I do. Now, dont say counseling....dont have the time or money, PLUS I am too embarrased to even tell my husband because you know what he would say? "Suck it up get over it and stop complaining" because he is just that way. Totally non supportive emotionally.

I think I am going to buy a crossword book (which I find tedious and annoying) and make myself do a FULL crossword (which I can never do) before I am allowed to binge. Maybe that will help.
any advice for this poor soul??

Kristie
175then/185now/140
Sponsored Links