Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 08:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/139/120
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default I realize I'm treading on sacred ground here....

So, please don't flame. I think I'm posing an idea that a lot of you are feeling...........

Okay, so this WOE is great......the hunger pangs are not there like they are with low fat diets. BUT (and YES I UNDERSTAND it's a Way Of Life, not a crash diet), I'm a little confused at the praise Adkins gets when you can go 6-8 weeks on the plan and not lose an ounce. People speak of how much weight you can lose (and how quickly) on Adkins.....but reading everyone's experiences here, I surely don't see evidence of quick or even steady weight loss. I know that MANY of you (and myself included) have had great success initially, but it seems to take an awful damn long time. I'm beginning to think that my initial great success was mostly water weight loss. And now, my loss is next to nothing. So, besides the lack of hunger pangs, I'm wondering why I shouldn't go on a weight loss plan that actually allows for a steady weight loss.

Please don't flame me (my skin is too thin-even if I'm not!).....I'm just trying to be completely honest here. I hear so many people on this forum talk of stalls, gains, constant wondering whether some small morsel (sugar alcohol, artificial sweetners, nuts, cheese, dairy, caffiene, etc) of food has caused them to stop losing. It makes you a tad paranoid and also makes you wonder if this insulin/glucose mechanism is just too fickle to work with.

I know that it can work for many people over time. But, I feel like there are so many qualifiers, so many things that cause stalls, so much lack of progress...........does anyone understand where I'm coming from?
Sponsored Links