Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 00:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/200/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Help Please!!!!!!

Hi all

I am soooooooo new to this diet and so far, all I've done is GAIN weight!!!

I've got lots of questions but the main ones right now are:

How much cheese is too much cheese?
How much bacon is too much bacon?
How much dressing is too much dressing?
How often can you eat throughout the day?
How late into the evening can you eat?
Can you eat Pork Rinds, I heard they have no carbs or sugar?

My basic menu for the day is this:

2-3 eggs in the morning with a slice of cheese on 1 or 2 of them (due to working in a FISH AND CHIP truck and this being the only morning fare I have time for, it works for me)

I MIGHT have a grilled wiener if I'm hungry before I leave to come home.

At home I'll either grab leftovers from dinner the night before, eg: chicken or steak, maybe put it on a salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing and that normally fills me up.

If I'm hungry I will grab a few pork rinds to snack on or a boiled egg (HATE olives)

Dinner is meat of some kind (yes, fried!!! coating made of heavy cream and egg to wet the chicken, dipped in crushed pork rinds with spices, yummy!!!) Actually, I prefer to bake it in the oven...lol
I will have grilled or sauteed veggies or a salad with cheese (cheddar, mozza, feta or swiss) bacon. That fills me!

I drink 6-8 bottles of water a day but don't snack much at night 'cause I'm not hungry.

I drink coffee though although I have cut the quantity in half or less on this, no sugar, no cream....no aspartame.....I've been sooooooooo good!!!

So why am I lethargic, tired, achy and feel like I am putting ON weight instead of taking it off? This is day 5 for me and I wanna quit already!

Please, if ANYONE can help, please do.....

Oh, I am horrible at 'counting' carbs, so if anyone can approximately figure out what that daily amount adds up to, please let me know, it might give me a basis to go on!!!

Sorry this is soooooo long winded but I have been looking for DAYS for a site that is comprehensive and where people know what they are talking about, thanks!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links