Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-01, 15:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/182/130
BF:
Progress:
Talking 7th day...

Wow, 7 days and 7pounds gone! It was hard the first couple of days but by the third day I had no more cravings for starchy foods. I am not really even that tempted to eat those foods.

My live in boyfriend thinks I am crazy. He says "I have never heard of a diet where you can't eat bread". Its funny. I am excited because it is not hard. I am not thinking about the diet or food constantly. Before this woe I was like ok....what fast food joint can I stop by before I get home (I am not much of a cook). I have really been tempted! We went to our local six flags for the Forth of July. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH JUNK FOOD IS THERE??!!
I was good...we had subway..I had a turkey sandwhich with no bread...and I was satisfied.

Its an awsome feeling to be in control. I understand its likley that I will stall after induction, but I am not worried about it becuase this woe, it is soo easy!!

Anyway, just an update..sorry this is so long!

Take Care,
LaRessha

180/173/120
5/3
Age - 23
Started - 06/30/01
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-01, 15:38
Registered Member

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 286/285/145 Female 5-7
BF:
Progress: 1%
Talking Way to go

Way to go!!!,
I wish I could lose that fast, keep up the good work and keep in touch on your progress.Take care.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-01, 16:04

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Red face

This is my fifth day and actually I am finding it the most difficlt. I seemedto have energy the first couple of days but I am feeling very discouraged. I have low blood sugar and thought this would be a great way to feel good and lose weight I am tired of snacking on meat and cheese.
Advice?? Monica
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-01, 16:41

Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Monica,

You could be low on potassium. The easiest way to supplement is to use Half-Salt or No-Salt in place of table salt. Personally I need to use No-salt or I am very fatigued, no energy.

It sure can't hurt to try potassium supplements, as long as you don't take meds for diabetes or hypertension. The label usually warns those who shouldn't use it without a dr's advice.

A month ago I was out of town for a weeks vacation & didn't even think about using one of the above products. The day I flew home I got *really* tired & felt like I'd lost all my *stuffing*, a limp doll feeling. After *5* days I figured it out (low potassium must adversely affect brain function too *LOL*). 1 day of No-Salt had me as good as new.

Doreen has posted on this before, you could try to search potassium. Her posts are full of good info & more complete than what I just wrote *my brain tired ~ end of week* :

Good luck, hope you get your energy back soon.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-01, 16:43

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi monica! what about snacking on celery with full fat dressing or dip. renee's blue cheese dressing comes to mind. pork rinds are 0 carbs if you get the unflavoured kind! i haven't tried it myself, but i've read about lots of folks eating pepperoni chips. you nuke thinly sliced pepperoni until it's crisp. what about hardboiled eggs or pickled eggs? still lowcarb!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-01, 16:44
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Monica,

This IS a great way to feel good and lose weight.

It's very difficult at first because what you are experiencing and learning now seems so at odds with everything you knew from before. You may experience fatigue, crankiness and headaches. This is carb withdrawal, cold-turkey style. You will feel better by the end of induction.

If you can, try to eat 6 smaller meals spread throughout the day instead of three big ones and incorporate vegetables into each one like cucumber slices with cheese, celery sticks with meat, chicken rolled up in a lettuce leaf etc. This will help to keep your blood sugar at a more steady level.

Keep posting!

Karen
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-01, 16:44

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

lareesha, i also wanted to welcome you! you're doing really well lowcarbing! keep up the good work!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-01, 16:52

Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Thumbs up

Seely2, Congratulations!

Your excitement jumps off the page, girl. It's great to watch someone new to LC WOE *catch the vision* about LC. You go girl. Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers, Ruth