Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 05:42

Plan: Atkins Maintence with modifications
Stats: 182/150/150 Female 5ft 8 in
BF:36%/23%/22%
Progress: 100%
Default destroyed stomach

I just would like to know how to get rid of this horriable stomach. My skin is so stretched from having 4 kids,it just hangs there. Have you ever seen those cats with the stomach that drags on the floor thats me yuk. Now I am wondering when I lose all the weight that I need,can I make my stomach look nice with sit ups?This my big problem and this is my main concern because I dont think its very healthy to gain weight only in your stomach like that. I do gain in other places to but not that much. Yuk I just hate my stomach.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 05:47
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Hmm

Boy I hate my stomach too...it has gotten better with the weight loss but not flat and beautiful like I would like it

I have had 2 kids and 2 c sections and the only thing I figure is I'm going to have to save for a tummy tuck or something!!!

If someone else knows how to tighten the tum please let us know
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 05:56
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

There are some things that you can do, but depending on how much loose skin you have-there are limits.

Exercise will certainly help-but don't limit it to just the tummy area. If you are fairly young, your skin will also tighten up somewhat as you lose weight. I haven't really had loose skin issues, but my mom did as she lost weight. Hers is tightening up, she uses a firming lotion and she gets a lot of activity.

Some people have used a technique called Skin Brushing. Here is a link to one thread on the subject. I think it includes some specific directions on how to do it:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=58133

I also think there are some vitamins or suppliments that might help. I hope someone can remember what they are!