Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 07:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 138/122/120 Female 5.4 1/2 small frame
BF:23%/23%/?
Progress: 89%
Question robbins nest cake rolls

Hi All!

Has anyone tried the robbins nest cakerolls. the box reads, no carb, no fat, and sugar free sweetned with splenda. they sound too good to be true.

Also, can I really trust the flax-o-meal cereals as one carb? I can deduct all the fiber & there are no other hidden carbs? Is it true?
I was thinking flax-o-meal would be a nice addition to my menus.

Thanx, viv
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 13:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Hi, Viv.

Guess what? You CAN trust a fiber count deduction because almost nobody is adversely affected by fiber but you can't trust a sugar alcohol/polyol/maltitol count deduction because MANY are affected by sugar alcohols and that's what's providing the bulk in a sweet roll.

Use the Hidden Carb calculator (orange menu bar above, click on TOOLS, selection Hidden Carb inspector and plug in Calories, Carbs, Protein and Fat grams). Use it on ANY product you have questions about, be it FlaxOmeal or Cake Rolls (hey, it's CAKE, for pete's sake).

Good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 17:46

Plan: don't know!
Stats: 150/150/115
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Robbin's Nest Cake Rolls

I'm absolutely in love with these....except the orange roll. I know the nutritional counts probably aren't accurate, but...well....I must have enough faith to endulge.....

Have a great night!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 18:03

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 238/212/180 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Where can these be found? Healthfood store? Regular store?? Website???? Thanks for any information.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 21:37

Hi there!

For yummy cake rolls go to www.robbinsnest.org

Although, I have to admit, I've cut out all fake food. Nevertheless, they are delicious & one serving = 2 net carbs.
viv
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 16:35

Plan: None
Stats: 170/150/130 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Robbins Nest Cake Rolls

I really like the Robbins Nest cake rolls. But I don't believe the nutritional information on their packaging either... The following is a quote from http://www.lowcarbluxury.com:

"An influential person in the low carb community paid to have the cake rolls lab tested when he had a serious concern over the accuracy of their labeling. The results showed the product contained significantly higher carbs than were reported by the company and on labels. When brought to the attention of said company, they dismissed these results."
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 18:57

Hi TMist!

I'm with you... but i wonder how they can get away with that?

Anyways, i've been off all frankenfood for the last 41 days. Perhaps when i hit my goal weight & I don't want to lose anymore I'll try some splenda products.

viv
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 08:43

Plan: None
Stats: 170/150/130 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi viv,

Yes, I don't know how they can get away with it either -- there must be some sort of regulations or something. Maybe if enough people complained to the right authorities, they would be investigated and have to do something about it? (I recall reading about such a thing happening to other companies with suspicious nutritional information on their products).

tmist
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 14:18

Plan: CALD
Stats: 230/186/140
BF:
Progress: 49%

This actually happened last year to the people who make "pirate's booty", which used to be a big staple snack for WW. An independent lab tested the product and found it to be significantly higher in fat that indicated on the package. They have since relabled.

Sandy
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 18:21

Plan: Maintenence-Atkins
Stats: 160/129/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 155%
Default I found new awesome product!

I found this at my health food store, they said they just got them in. Its called Robbins Nest Bakeries Lemon Roll. They also had like 4 other flavors.
OMG it is sooooooooo good. It only has 2 net carbs. I decided to do the hidden carb calculator and it comes up with 5 actual carbs. Still not bad and one serving is just enough!!!
I HIGHLY recommend this one!!

www.robbinsnest.org

Vicky
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 09:26

Plan: protien power
Stats: 133/114/111
BF:
Progress: 86%

Does anyone know what the actual fat and calorie count is for Robbins Nest cake rolls?
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 20:06
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Thumbs down Robin Nest Banana cream cake roll

Hi all, I bought a Robin Nest Banana Cream cake roll.
I tried it as well as my roommate, daughter (15), and son (12).
For me, the cake part was awful! The cream cheese isn't bad, too bad you have to eat it frozen (suggested on the package).
My roommate had similiar thoughts on the cream cheese filling but thought the cake was "nasty". My childen took one bit, My son spit it out and my daughter swallowed, made a face and put her portion in the garbage next to her brothers.
My thoughts? Stick with your own cream cheese treats.
For nutrition, you may view my fitday journal.

Last edited by Lessara : Tue, Apr-29-03 at 20:07.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 13:25

BF:

I had posted this same product a few weeks back....I had purchased the lemon cake roll and it was awesome to me!! I myself was curious about the actual carbs in it, so I did a hidden carb test on it and it came up with 5 actual carbs per serving. Which to me still isnt that bad....and one serving is plenty!! I havent tried any other flavors yet though.
They also do NOT have any sugar alcohols in them at all.
Vicky
  #14   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 14:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally posted by mslend
Does anyone know what the actual fat and calorie count is for Robbins Nest cake rolls?

There's SOME information about the calories on their FAQ Frequently Asked Questions webpage, you might go there and have a look but I think they suggested a serving (what size? I don't know) was about 45 calories and 4 carbs. That's not enough information to run it through the Hidden Carb calculator tool here on this website, so I've emailed them, asking for the required (legally) Nutrition Facts and Ingredients List information.

We'll see what happens and how long it takes to happen.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 17:01

BF:

I have a box in front of me and the serving size is 1 inch slice......servings per container 6. Calories 43 Fat 0-trace Saturated Fat 0 Carbs 4g Fiber 2 g Sugar 0 Protein 5.5g No Sugar alcohols.
When I run it thru the hidden carb calulator it comes up with 5.06 actual carbs.
I just bought the Mocha Kahlua and the spiced apple roll today, to me they are sooo good. I keep mine in the fridge and eat it thawed.
Vicky