Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-07, 12:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/215/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%
Talking Hi! I'm New... Again :-)

Hi! I'm Bubba's Mom, and I've giving the Atkins Approach another try... This time I trying harder than ever to make it a life long change. I always told myself I would never get over 200lbs, but after some difficult life decisions that I had to make, before I knew it, I was not only at 200lbs, but up to 220lbs!

In the past, I was always an over weight child, even though I played a number of sports including competition cheerleading, basketball, and softball, I had a problem with binge eating. I would hide it from my friends and family... With all the pressure from certain people to look a certain way, I ran to food to make me feel better about not meeting those expectations. Once I moved away to college the "physical" activities stopped, and the drinking and eating began! I tried to watch what I ate with regards to dorm food (mid night pizzas and microwave burritos) and I tried to get in at least 30-45 minutes of cardio at least 3-4 times a week. But of course that wasn't enough cardio to compensate for the new "social" drinking activities.

In my junior year of college, I decided to try out the ever so popular Atkins approach. I lost a good amount of weight... I never used a scale, I just measured the weight loss by how my clothes fit and by the compliments that I received from people. It felt good... until I started working in a mall and was tempted by the food court. It didn't help that coworkers had no faith in the Atkins approach and they would tease me about the fact that I was throwing my hamburger buns away. Then came the temptations, and they did me over with French Fries. First I had one french fry... then two, then 10.... Finally I gave in and that was the end of my Atkins dieting.

Well 4 years later... after graduating and entering the working world, I found that I have been spending way too much time in the office, sitting on my ever expanding butt and the fast food empires of Taco Bell and Mc Donald's have become my greatest allies! So quick, so convenient, so bad... 60+ pounds later I have decided to put an end to it. I have a boyfriend that I have been dating for the past 2 years, and we are looking to get married in the next couple years. And I want to look good on my wedding day. Well, not just good actually... I want to look DAMN GOOD! I want to look better than I ever have! I want to be a beautiful bride and then soon afterwards, a HOT MAMA!

Yesterday I went grocery shopping so that I could stop with the excuses and just start with this new approach to eating. It's Monday... The first day of a new week, and the best day to get started, so here I go! I got plenty of great vegetables and lean meats, so I hope to get it started off right! I hope to rebuild my lo carb recipe collection, and hopefully add in some new yummy recipes!

Good Luck to all the other newbies out there... I know from experience that it can be done and that it works! So hopefully we can stick this out together!! I am definately looking for some support, and I hope to go out there and do the same for others as well. If we stick together we can do this!!! Yay!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-07, 17:47
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Welcome, Bubbas Mom! I think you will like this site!

Be sure to check out the Kitchen forum here for some great recipes, and also the site below:

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

Best of luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 11:55

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%

Hello there..happy to have you on the forum. This really is a wonderful place for all low carbers.
Having your very own Journal can help you to keep track of yourself.

Best of luck to you..and I know you will reach your goal.

Anna