Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 18:52
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 154/154/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default allergy to Splenda

Hi Everyone,

I have noticed that after a day of eating LC, (I'm doing CAD), at my evening meal, having a complex carb (I had Irish Oatmeal with cream), my heart started racing. I added Splenda to the oatmeal. Do many of you react to Splenda. I'll be so disappointed if I can't use Splenda. I do have some Stevia but so many recipes are possible with Splenda. Boo Hoo! I need information! Thanks in advance,

Grandma (in May 2003)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 19:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi there Grandma-to-be:
I guess it is possible that your heart rate reacted to the Splenda. One way to check is to have the same meal but with another sweetener like Sugar Twin powder at the same time of day and see what happens.

If you are old enough to be a grandmother, you may be old enough to be in perimenopause and heart palpitations (racing or irregualr beating) is not unusual in this phase of your life. So it is hard to tell.

I hope it doesn't happen again. And it may just have been a coincidence. But if it does happen again after Splenda, then you might be correct that it doesn't agree with you.

#3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 20:52

Plan: Atkins Now/ Candidias Control 2003
Stats: 210/203/140
BF:47%
Progress: 10%

Hi Grandma to be...... I stopped using Splenda, when I started getting headaches from the stuff. I double checked by not eating foods with Splenda and used Stevia instead, and every time I went back to the Splenda, the headache came back.

I would guess with just about anything...people can and will react differently. Good luck!!