Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 07:31

Plan: which is best?
Stats: 210/210/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question Help Needed don't know where to start

HI my name is sharrun and i would like some advice on which sort of low carb diet to follow.
my friends is on a low carb. diet and is living on egg mayonasie and bacon does this work? is it allowed? its my favourite food so i thought it must be bad for dieters like most nice things are :O)

anyone help suggest a suitable diet to follow for someone with a sweet tooth and a weakness for cream cakes

thanks
sharrun

Last edited by SHARRUN : Mon, Sep-23-02 at 07:40.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 07:52
Registered Member

Plan: Keeping carbs under 20
Stats: // Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress:

Low carbing means extremely limiting or cutting out sugar, so you have to be careful about that. There are recipies that use artificial sweetners here on the boards.

I would start by looking at each of the forums. The plans are all similar but they all have their various differences. I would read the forums then pick one or two and buy the book to see which is right for you.

I'm on Protien Power which starts you at 30 or less grams of carbs a day. So I don't eat anything sweet, I try to get my carbs from vegatables.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 08:29
Champagne Paulie

Plan: My Fitness Pal
Stats: 156.2/123.8/120 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:Got some, thanks
Progress: 90%
Smile

Hi Sharrun,

I am following the Atkins plan. The two week induction limits the total carbs to 20g a day. After that you can stay on induction a bit longer or you can start by increasing your carbs by 5g per week. You can have cream, but the cakes would be out I'm afraid :frown: . Certainly you can have the bacon and mayo but no bread during induction.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 17:41
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Sharrun! The link over to the right here ---->
that says "Which low carb plan is right for me?" is a great place to start. It has a "blurb" written for the most common plans.

(Sorry, I can't resist: ) You can't have your cake and eat it, too. Okay, sorry. *ducking from flying tomatoes*

One of the notable things about a low carbohydrate way of life is that you *lose* your sweet tooth. Honestly. I used to be a sugar junkie and now, I don't even *want* it.

Try not to think of it as just a "diet" where you can't eat this and that, and you get all caught up in numbers. Do some reading about what sugar does to your body and why; and why white flour, potatoes, etc are just as bad as sugar. It doesn't matter whether or not you were a biology whiz in school; it's not that bad. It'll help you immensely.

Good luck.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-02, 16:20
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 248/241/148
BF:48%
Progress: 7%

Hi!!

I just started the Atkins and love it. I have a lot of weight to lose and wanted a diet that did not leave me always feeling deprived of foods that I want to eat.

Well, the first few days were tough, but now have lots of energy and I am not craving sweets!! I don't even miss the bread!

I think you should check it out, no matter which one you decide to do, there is a ton of support here.

Good Luck to you!

Sandy