Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-05, 13:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/124/125 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 107%
Default Craving !!!

Okay .......I have been completely cheat free for as long as I can remember ......today I am not feeling well. I only got 4 hours of sleep last night and have that "no sleep" headache .........feeling very "flu like" and am TOTALLY CRAVING a candy bar !!

Seriously, I have been thinking about eating a 3 muskateers since 8:00 this morning ............I've even been making up excuses to eat one .........you know, like I don't feel good and "need" the sugar. That if I eat it I'll feel better .........I'm sick and should go ahead ............You should hear the things my mind is coming up with to justify eating that stupid candy bar.

Somebody stop me ...........
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-05, 13:08

Plan: Neanderwannabe
Stats: 160/125/115 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 78%

Don't do it! Trust me, at the end of the day you will be SO proud of yourself. I was having major cravings yesterday for poptarts, oreos and pecan pie because I decided to go without splenda for the day. I was searching for something that would satisfy me but I didn't give in!

Take a nap if you feel tired, your body really needs rest to heal itself. Drink lots of water and exercise if you have the energy. Acutally, exercise even if you don't have the energy. I did just 10 mintues of cardio last night and felt so much better afterwards.

You can do it! Don't let that candy bar get the best of you. Find something legal to snack on if you have major munchies. Whip up some cream and add some cocoa powder or unsweetened chocolate for a chocolate mousse!

Hope you feel better.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-05, 13:24

Stats: 140/124/125 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 107%

Thank you. The problem is, I'm at work !! Nap is out of the question !! Because I only got 4 hours of sleep, I didn't pack any legal snacks today ....obviously, I got up at the last minute because I was sick / tired .....I was good for lunch though.......had salad w/roast beef ........I'm trying to be strong !!

It's funny ....I haven't craved sugar / sweets or anything bad in a really long time ..........and today, I've focused on that candy bar for over 8 hours so far !!!

There's a vending machine in my building and I KNOW they have that candy bar ...........it's calling me ............but I'm being strong !!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-05, 13:28
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Look through this web site and see if your cravings go away: http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/spec.html

(Warning: Might not work if you actually grew up in the 50's and LIKED the food)
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-05, 13:29
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

I see you joined in June. It might just be the time of year. Some people just naturally crave sweet/starchy this time of year and into the winter. If the season change is causing you to crave it is probably time to take 1,000 IU/day or more of vitamin D
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-05, 13:41

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default More of the same?

The candy bar WILL pick you up, for maybe an hour or so, if it doesn't immediately make you queasy, as it would me. And then you're going to feel WAY more groggy and tired and hungover-like than you did when you crawled out of bed this morning.

So you'll want another one, only you'll be battling an insulin reaction then too, which will even further weaken your resistance, probably.

Is this what you really want to have happen? Doesn't sound like it. Seems to me you want to get through the day as fast as possible, eat something healthy, and crash. Hope you can.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-05, 13:43

Plan: M/E & Atkins
Stats: 257/206/199 Female 5 foot 2 inches
BF:way too high!
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Look through this web site and see if your cravings go away: http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/spec.html

(Warning: Might not work if you actually grew up in the 50's and LIKED the food)

LOL...thanks for the memories NOT that I was born in the 50s...just remember seing some of those books in my mom's pantry.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-05, 14:57

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

Do you have any other munchy food nearby to eat? Drink a few cups of water to hold you over and they may perk you up a bit. That candy bar will ruin the momentum you have gained. You may even get an even nastier headache after eating it because you haven't had sugar in a while. Good Luck!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-05, 19:33

Plan: Atkins, keto
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 67.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I hope you made it through the day. If you did, you should really be proud of yourself!!!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-05, 16:43

Plan: atkins (my own kind)
Stats: 180/172/115 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 12%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesedays
Okay .......I have been completely cheat free for as long as I can remember ......today I am not feeling well. I only got 4 hours of sleep last night and have that "no sleep" headache .........feeling very "flu like" and am TOTALLY CRAVING a candy bar !!

Seriously, I have been thinking about eating a 3 muskateers since 8:00 this morning ............I've even been making up excuses to eat one .........you know, like I don't feel good and "need" the sugar. That if I eat it I'll feel better .........I'm sick and should go ahead ............You should hear the things my mind is coming up with to justify eating that stupid candy bar.

Somebody stop me ...........

----------------------------------------

Had the sam feeling yesterday. I was also dizzy and I told myself I have to EAT de M and M's. It was so awful... I got some hardtack bread ( total carb is 3 -- for evry 9 grams) put on de butter and a little splenda and I felt better.
BTW... why doesn't anyone TRY hardtack bread HERE? The carbs are soo LOW... ????? Go ON .. DON'T NEVER GIVE UP... YOUR LIFE AND HAPPINESS DEPEND ON IT!!!!!!!!!!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-05, 17:06

Stats: 239/223/154 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

Just think about what a chocolate bar really is. When I was 15 in home ec we made chocolate peanut butter balls. For chocolate to "stick" and hold the desired texture, you have to add a huge chunk of parafin wax to it. All chocolate bars have a certain amount of wax in them. Most "chocolate" is a good 25% to 40% WAX which is not usually labled on the package.

From now on when you feel like eating chocolate just think about that nasty feeling you get on the roof of your mouth when you eat it and how that hunk of wax is going to look going through your digestive system.

It wont seem so appetizing anymore.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-07-05, 07:43

Plan: wholesome foods
Stats: 139/130/125 Female 5'7"
BF:?
Progress: 64%
Default not enough zzzzzzz's

I noticed that when I don't get enough sleep, my cravings kick in. If I get at least 6 hours I am ok. Just stick it through the day and make sure and get a good night sleep and I think your cravings should subside. If you are still craving tomorrow...get that candy bar have a bite or two then throw it away!!! In my experience if the cravings don't go away, it's better to have just a nibble than to have a full out binge down the road. Good luck!!!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Oct-07-05, 08:26

Plan: Neanderwannabe
Stats: 160/125/115 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxy29
If you are still craving tomorrow...get that candy bar have a bite or two then throw it away!!! In my experience if the cravings don't go away, it's better to have just a nibble than to have a full out binge down the road. Good luck!!!

I sort of agree with you to an extent. I was craving some of my chicken alfredo last night and all that was left were the leftovers for my boyfriend which is tossed with fettuccine noodles. Boy was I going insane for some. So I finally just took a few pieces of the chicken out and ate them. I was fine after that. I think I just wanted the sauce and the salt.

However, if I am craving bread or chocolate and there's nothing but candy in the house it will take an act of god to keep me from eating it all.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Oct-07-05, 10:11

Plan: wholesome foods
Stats: 139/130/125 Female 5'7"
BF:?
Progress: 64%
Default live and learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkira
I sort of agree with you to an extent. I was craving some of my chicken alfredo last night and all that was left were the leftovers for my boyfriend which is tossed with fettuccine noodles. Boy was I going insane for some. So I finally just took a few pieces of the chicken out and ate them. I was fine after that. I think I just wanted the sauce and the salt.

However, if I am craving bread or chocolate and there's nothing but candy in the house it will take an act of god to keep me from eating it all.

Yeah, I know everyone is different, but I definetly learned the hard way. I guess better than not at all! I have to throw any kind of sweets away after first couple bites, or I know all self-control goes out the window. Pretty sad the only thing that stops me from the binge is the trash can! haha. I don't crave chocolate too much. My vice is icecream and sometimes cookies...oh and everything involving peanut butter
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Oct-07-05, 10:39

Plan: Semi South Beach
Stats: 167.5/138/130 Female 66.6 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Can you have some coffee? That tends to help me.