Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 13:31
Registered Member

Plan: Super Mass Plan
Stats: 172/172/200
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default My Own Version Of The CKD

I just thought I would share what I did this week and get some feedback and opinons from everyone.
This was own modified version of the CKD and I was absolutely blown away and estatic when I looked in the mirror Monday morning.

DIET:
Monday to Friday is keto(I aim for as little carbs as possible)
Saturday is the carb up.
Sunday is right back to keto.

WORKOUTS:
Monday:
Legs/Abs

Tuesday:
Morning-Cardio
Evening-Chest/Back/Delts/Traps

Wednesday:
Rest

Thursday:
Morning-Cardio
Evening-Biceps/Triceps/Abs

Friday:
Morning-Cardio
Evening-Cardio(sometimes when I'm bored)

Saturday:
Full body depletion workout
I rest no more than 45 seconds in between sets.
All sets are 10-12 reps, and as much weight as I can possibly handle. I start my carb up right after this workout. I eat a ridiculous amount of carbs for the rest of the day. I didn't even keep track of my carbs this time.

Sunday:
Morning:High Intensity Cardio

Any opinions or comments
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 13:54
Registered Member

Plan: Combo of PP & CKD
Stats: 380/380/195 Male 6'3"
BF:

that looks like a great schedule....

i'm curious..what kind of cardio do you perform?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 14:30
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by tyrelle
that looks like a great schedule....

i'm curious..what kind of cardio do you perform?

It looks like alot of time in the gym but its really not. It's all about getting the best bang for your buck when lifting weights meaning a 30 minute high intensity workout is far better than a hour long half assed workout.
I'm not saying that this routine would work for everyone but I could'nt be happier with my body right now.

Cardio:
Every morning cardio session is done at low intensity for a duration of around 40 minutes. Sometimes more and sometimes less. It all depends on my schedule.
I usually use the elipitical machines with or without the arm motions. I will also use the stationary bike every now and then.
I use to walk on the treadmill but it' so damn boring for some reason.
Again, this might not work for everyone. Alot of people prefer HIT cardio for a shorter duration of time. It's all about experimenting.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 19:46

Plan: PP TKD CKD
Stats: 265/220/175
BF:
Progress: 50%

IB, this looks like a really interesting program. I like how you work the big muscles early in the week, for maximum intensity.
I'd like to know more about your sets. How many exercises per muscle group, what type, sets, reps.
I'm just into my second week of CKD. Strength and endurance is way, way up. Muscles are definitely bigger and more defined.
I mentioned elsewhere, my only concern is that I become a really muscular and strong fat guy. My weight is still hanging tough, not budging much.
The one thing I haven't tried yet is TKD in addition to CKD. You are still taking in some carbs prior to workouts?
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 10:44
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug H
IB, this looks like a really interesting program. I like how you work the big muscles early in the week, for maximum intensity.
I'd like to know more about your sets. How many exercises per muscle group, what type, sets, reps.

This was my routine last week. I make sure to switch up my routine and exercises as from week to week.

Legs:
Leg extensions-4 sets/15 reps
Hamstring curls-4 sets/15 reps
Squats-4 sets/20 reps (sometimes 2 sets/40 to 50 reps)
Hack squats or leg press-4 sets/20 reps
Stiff leg dead lifts-4 sets/15 reps
calve raises-4 sets 20 reps

Delts/Back/Chest
Delts:
seated dumbell press-2 sets/10 to 12 reps
arnold presses-2 sets/10 to 12 reps
side lateral raises-2 sets/10 to 15 reps
shrugs-2 sets 20 reps

Back:
wide grip pullups-2 sets 15 reps
bent over rows-2 sets 10-15 reps
close grip row-2 sets/10-12 reps
rear delt flies-2 sets/10-12 reps

Chest:
Incline dumbell press-2 sets/10-12 reps
Flat bench press-2 sets/10-12 reps
Dumbell Pullovers-2 sets/10-12 reps
Dumbell flies-2 sets/10-12 reps
I finished this workout in 45 minutes this past week.

Biceps/Triceps
Biceps:
barbell curls-3 sets/10-12 reps
preacher curls-3 sets/10-12 reps
dumbell curls-3 sets/10-12 reps
hammer curls-3 sets/10-12 reps

Triceps:
overhead extensions-3 sets/10-12 reps
pushdowns-3 sets/10-12 reps
dips-3 sets/10-12 reps
rope extensions-3 sets/10-12 reps
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 12:45

Plan: trying to get info on ckd and protein power
Stats: 155/155/138
BF:
Default CKD - need more information

I have been looking for information on the internet about CKD and Protein Power and can't find anything. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go to get free information?

I average height but small bones and am looking to lose about 20 lbs. Would either of the 2 of these diets be right for me? I already work out but can always bump it up a notch if I was losing more weight.

Can anyone help?

Thank,
sarah
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 15:17

BF:

IB, thanks a lot for the data. That's similar to what I do, with one more set on legs than I usually do. My legs are really gaining lately so I think I'll throw in the fourth set, just for the extra puke efffect. I'm going as heavy as possible, do you?
Pardon my ignorance - your delt workout looks a lot like my shoulder workout. Where am I off?
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 15:19

BF:

Sarah, there is good info on CKD under the CKD/Body Opus forum on the board here.
Also at www.thinkmuscle.com
Protein Power - get the book.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 21:07
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug H
IB, thanks a lot for the data. That's similar to what I do, with one more set on legs than I usually do. My legs are really gaining lately so I think I'll throw in the fourth set, just for the extra puke efffect. I'm going as heavy as possible, do you?
Pardon my ignorance - your delt workout looks a lot like my shoulder workout. Where am I off?

Like I said this is not a true CKD routine when compared to the authors who have published alot of info on CKD dieting and workouts. But for me, my routines have been working great.

I try to go heavy everyday. But somedays my body or mind is not clicking and I take it easy. Everyone would like to give 110% in the gym everyday but it is physically and mentally impossible to do this all the time. I'll drop down to lower weights and lighten up a bit if it's not a good day for whatever reason. Basically I lift hard all the time, somedays I go heavier than others depending on how I feel. I try to lift heavy with no more than 45 seconds in between sets and no more th 30 seconds during the depletion workout.

The key is to change up the exercise that you do as much as possible for the best results. My workouts never have the same exact exercise from week to week.
for example:
this weeks delt workout was
dumbell presses
arnold presses
dumbell lateral raises
dumbell shrugs

next weeks delt workout will look something like
barbell military press
hammer shoulder press
barbell front raises
cable lateral raises
barbell or machine shrugs

and the next delt workout will change again.

Last edited by Iron Bull : Wed, Sep-18-02 at 21:23.