Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 13:13

Plan: CKD/Bodyopus
Stats: 290/250/220
BF:(265)34%/29%/15%
Progress: 57%
Default Glucose Disposal Agents, health food store list

OK, I am buying a load of crap to get more serious and get over this wall. I'm gonna list what I am getting and why I think I need it, and if I am grossly informed gimmie a hand please.

I am buying flaxseed oil-its "good fat" so I can eat less bacon and bad fats while trying to meet my calorie requirement.

Chromium-to maximize the benefits of carb loading and get glucose out of my blood and into my muscle,not sure how frequently or when to take it

ALA-same as chromium and a powerful anti-oxident, not sure how frequently or when to take it

"MCT tropical punch" - to throw fuel into my fire, raise my body temperature and help me to not drag ass

Potassium-to aid int he carb up as well, and make my muscles "less flat"...still kind of unsure if this is a carb up or ketosis supplement....I rmember hearing its good good good and sodium is bad bad for reasons regarding muscles...help?

Myoplex Mass- for carb ups, 76g of good good carbs per serving

Does that all sound right? I am not neglecting the search button, I am doin all that but things are vague. I aint lookin for a "take this exactly 30.2 milliseconds after exactly 32.4 minutes of cardio blah blha" Just a general sorta "take that before meals in carb up" Any Help would be and always is appreciated

Last edited by Beaver : Thu, Sep-05-02 at 15:00.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 15:32

Plan: CKD
Stats: 190/190/180
BF:6
Progress: 0%
Default Re: Glucose Disposal Agents, health food store list

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaver
ALA-same as chromium and a powerful anti-oxident, not sure how frequently or when to take it

I used to take 300-500 mg before carb meals, totaling about 1-1.5 grams per day. It used to get really expensive really fast. Back then I used to carb with junk and not watch the fat and salt, and since then figured that a lot of the ALA expenditures could have been offloaded by carbing better. Haven't used it in a while b ut may start again soon.

BTW, if you;re going to use this much, make sure to drink lots of water and take potassium - ALA will pump glycogen and water into cells like crazy. If you don't drink enough, you'll feel dehydrated because it'll pull water out of the bloodstream into muscles. Don't take before bedtime because you can't drink while sleeping!

You may also wanna try HCA - hydroxycitric acid, aka citrimax. Only the (-) isomer counts and I used to take 2-3 grams before carb meals. This one blocks conversion of carbs to fat and I used to swear by it before finding much room for improvement in the actual carbing protocol. Again, may start using it soon anyway just to see what happens if I stack everything together.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 12:32

Thank you kindly sir

I am trying to step it up a notch since last week I showed almost no results. I gather its from my abuse of heavy cream as calories. So this week I cut it out, and I am gonna stay in ketosis for 2 week stints. I figure that and the supplements will give me better results. I am a big fattie and I cant go around half assing something that consumes so much of my time
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 15:56

Plan: CKD
Stats: 190/190/180
BF:6
Progress: 0%

Well I posted no score over the last two weeks either. Yesterday I printed up my weight chart over the last two months (assembled by obsessively weighing in daily after running - hopefully the same hydration state) and it shows a slow but steady creep since beginning of August, which is when I started doing things like weaning myself off of Ripped Fuel, eating more, partying more, and doing more weights. No panicking, but it's time to tighten up the ship here too.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 17:24

Well I saw that pic you posted, you have to hit a wall eventually. For someone like you, its like squeezing that list bit of toothpaste from the bottom of the roll. I have at least 28% body fat. It should want to drop screaming and flaming from my body

I finally weighed myself today and measured the waist and various other bodyparts and to my pleasure most areas are at least 1/2 an inch less than last week. and my weight is back to 255, I took a week off after I hurt my back and I went from 250 to 260 and got at least an inch back on my waist. So now I fully believe that it was the heavy cream that was holding me back.