Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 08:01
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default hydroxycut

Good morning, everybody!
I began taking hydroxycut on Monday and since that time have spent enough time in the restroom to read "War and Peace" forwards and backwards. Is this normal? I am taking one pill, two times a day. Directions say to start this way and go on to 2, 2x day, then to 3 by 3rd week. Not sure I will step it up (or even continue!) if this is what I can expect.

Anyone?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 08:18
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%

Ugh, how many times do I have to tell you people- 'Hydroxycut' = bad for ketogenic diet , remember that ! The reason being- it contains 'Hydroxycitric acid' (otherwise known as 'HCA'). 'HCA' has been known to inhibit the establishment of ketosis (not a good thing by any means). Also, 'HCA' blunts hunger- while this may be good for the 'carb-up' (where it may stop you from eating 'too much')... generally, it is not good for the 'low-carb' week as people already have enough trouble putting away the necessary caloric requirements.

Quote:
Good morning, everybody!
I began taking hydroxycut on Monday and since that time have spent enough time in the restroom to read "War and Peace" forwards and backwards. Is this normal? I am taking one pill, two times a day. Directions say to start this way and go on to 2, 2x day, then to 3 by 3rd week. Not sure I will step it up (or even continue!) if this is what I can expect.

Anyone?

-To answer your question- I'm not too sure why this is happening. Perhaps it's ridding your body of excess water which in turn is making you urinate a lot (you do mean that you're urinating a lot, right?).
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 08:32
empress of fashion

BF:
Default ummm - no

Peeing is not the issue. However, ridding one's body of excess water could give the same results, I would think.

I reviewed the discussions on this matter and I do remember your opposition to hydroxycut. However, you seemed to be the lone wolf and it was cheaper.

As for the diminished hunger, you are right but I'm ok with this. Now when certain times of the day arrive when I would generally want to snack, just out of habit, I can honestly say - no, I'm not hungry and I don't need that. Still planning my menu (calories, etc) on Fitday and following it religiously - no more fudging, however.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 09:47
Registered Member

Quote:
Peeing is not the issue. However, ridding one's body of excess water could give the same results, I would think.

-I see.

Quote:
I reviewed the discussions on this matter and I do remember your opposition to hydroxycut. However, you seemed to be the lone wolf and it was cheaper.

-Alright, just giving you a 'heads up'. Those who do not follow my advice (i.e. defiance)... in the end... will learn... I... I... I'm always right. Mwhahahahaha... hahahahaha... *cough*... ha... ha...
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 10:05
empress of fashion

BF:

Better work on that self esteem, Zeus.

If I find that I am wrong I will come grovelling in the meek and humble manner to which you are accustomed. And I will never doubt you again.

Thanks for the input!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 13:21

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default mmm hmm

--> ACTION:kicks the soap box out from under Zeus, but then offers to help him up <--

Sorry. Had to be done.

But, he is correct. There is evidence to support Zeus's HCA fixation. But, give it a go and see how it works for you.

How cheap is "cheap"? There are some pretty cheap options out there, I would think better than Hydroxycut ...
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 13:28
empress of fashion

BF:

$26 was what I paid for 100 tablets ( don't quote me on that 100). What should I expect to pay?
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 13:35

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default ....

You've been PMed.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 13:54
empress of fashion

BF:
Default PM'ed?

That doesn't sound like a good thing.

Could it be that Zeus was right??? (oh say it isn't so!)
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 13:56
Registered Member

Some people take me too seriously.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 14:27
empress of fashion

BF:

Fortunately I am not one of them. Thank you for your advice (and your wit!).
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 14:29
Registered Member

Plan: 1st ATKINS; now CKD!!
Stats: 208/166/158
BF:
Progress: 84%

Is Stacker 2 or 3 alright?
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 14:41
Registered Member

I think so.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 10:30
empress of fashion

BF:
Default the saga continues

Ok, so last evening I come home with major stomach cramps. They lasted all night. I drank a ton of water, thinking I was dehydrated. I went to bed by 8pm and slept like the dead. This morning, no cramps but a major headache. Hydroxycut heading for the trash.

Is there an alternative to these products? I have a feeling I will react the same to the next thing and I don't want to waste my money to find out. What about things like cayenne? Bitter orange?
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 11:08
Registered Member

Quote:
Ok, so last evening I come home with major stomach cramps. They lasted all night. I drank a ton of water, thinking I was dehydrated. I went to bed by 8pm and slept like the dead. This morning, no cramps but a major headache. Hydroxycut heading for the trash.

Is there an alternative to these products? I have a feeling I will react the same to the next thing and I don't want to waste my money to find out. What about things like cayenne? Bitter orange?

-I'm not sure what could be causing you those problems... perhaps you're sensitive to stimulants (i.e. 'ephedrine'). If so, there are certain 'Ephedra free' fat-burners out there, such as- 'Betalean' (by 'EAS'). Also, 'cayenne' and 'bitter orange' do have thermogenic properties and that's why they are usually included in various fat-burners.