Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 12:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/265/175 Female 5'8" 1/2
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default i'm lost...

does anyone know how we can send email's and private messages to each other... there are are few people who life near by me that's i'd like to become friends with so... if anyone knows how to do this i'd really like to know... also... i want to put a picture up but there is no where for me to do it... thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 14:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/190/155 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Go to the "Comments and Technical" Forum and ask the administrator. Or click on the site's help button. Spend time wandering around the site and participate in the community here. There is quite a variety of support available. Go to the "Canada" site and look up the Vancouver Island group.

Hope this helps
Colin
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 18:30

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I thought that one had to post a certain number of posts before the privilege of Private Messaging was accorded. I thought it was 20 but I'm not sure. Try searching for 'private messaging'. The search icon is up at the top of every thread, just to the right. Click on it and it's clear what to do next.

Try clicking on the 'profile' icon at the bottom of someone's post - they may have listed an e-mail in their profile.

Do a search for the word "avatar". that's the term for the little photos or cartoons under everybody's name. I know that the 'how to post' has been explained somewhere.

Good luck.

BarB
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 18:54
Registered Member

Stats: 238/190/155 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Yes it is all there in the technical forum. I didn't want to get into it right away but if you look at the "Profiles" of people you will find that some of them have posted their homepages and ICQ numbers, etc. ; but my personal opinion is that it would be good for someone new to spend some time in the main forums first. I guess that is why you have to have 25 (?) postings before you can PM people.

Hey the world is at your fingertips here!