Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 18:59

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Don't know what came over me!

Just had to share this with you all. Last weekend I was working in the garden and decided that I needed a few bags of dirt from the local garden shop. Since I was going to be lugging around bags of dirt, I didn't bother changing and just popped over to the garden center without thinking about it. Now...I was wearing denim bike shorts and a tank top and I realize that I'm not exactly a picture of lovliness in that outfit, but heck...it's the weekend and I'm working in the yard...who cares? I'm 40 and I've been married 17 years...who do I have to impress except my husband? Well...while I was there chucking bags of dirt into the cart, this guy several feet away says to his buddy, "women like her shouldn't be allowed out in public like that." Since I'm the only woman out there, I KNOW he's talking about me. I honestly don't know what came over me because normally I would have ignored it and snuck away in shame, but instead I turned around and replied with a smile, "And men like you shouldn't be allowed the gift of language. Grunting suits you far better". Then walked away leving him with his mouth hanging open and his buddy laughing. Told my hubby about it when I got home and thought he was gonna hurt himself laughing. He told me that the feisty old me must be re-emerging now that I'm losing weight and feeling confident again. Just remember, ladies...just because we are overweight does not mean that we have to tolerate rudeness or be ashamed of who we are!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 19:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Thumbs up

Lisa, what a perfect reply!!! That's priceless.

I bet it feels great to feel that new self confident you emerging.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 19:26

Plan: Atkins (89)
Stats: 221/159/150 Female 66
BF:sizes:18W/ 8 /6-4
Progress: 87%
Default WTG!!!!!!!

Good for you, Lisa!
People like that shouldn't be allowed out of their cages.

Melissa
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 20:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/245/150
BF:
Progress: 10%

That is priceless!

Congrats on your ongoing WOL, and the fun that comes with self-confidence.

Denaria
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 03:10

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

I am happy and so proud of you... but I am SO ANGRY AT HIM . Where do these people come from? How have they gotten through life so far? It baffles me.
Doods.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 04:26

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

Good for you Lisa!!!!
Unfortunately theres too many jerks like that wandering around in public (without their leashes.... and MUZZLES!!!!!)
Ellie
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 07:23
Registered Member

Stats: 145-1/140/125
BF:
Progress:

AAAAWWWESOME!

I've always been envious/admiring of that quality in a person: thinking on your feet and ready with a quick/appropriate response! YYYYeeeahhh! Way to put him in his place! (I'd like to hear more of your material, please!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 07:36

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

BRAVO!

You go girl!

I am curious as to what he looked like? Was he like the "gods gift to women" perfect or did he look more like a potbellied pig since he was acting like one
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 07:49

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Yay Lisa! My problem is I can never think of the great response until 10 minutes later. I so admire you!

;-Deb
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 10:22

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Good going!

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that one! You certainly gave him what he deserved.

I think that with loosing weight, I too am getting some more self confidence. I am going to try and be like you, just tell the mean people exactly what you think!

#11   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 10:41

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care

wow, lisa, what a quick reply!

Pity any people in that man's life--he's clearly an abuser, through and through....bad boundary issues, cruelty, the whole nine yards.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 11:03

Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

Good for you! It's great when someone can put a rude boor like that in his place!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 12:16
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:

*LMAO* Good for you!

It would be nice to have a sticky thread for Classic Comebacks to Insults so I could build an arsenal.

It's a shame anyone is insulted like that. I can't even fathom saying something nasty to a stranger for no reason.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 15:30

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

agonycat...

he wasn't exactly God's gift to women if you know what I mean...more like the pot calling the kettle black.

Deb and Lil...I've always had a quick wit. Sometimes it's a curse and gets me in trouble, sometime's it's a blessing (like this one). Usually I try to control it because you never know when some jerk is going to reply with their fist. Hubby just got me a t-shirt for mother's day that says "Warning: I have an attitude and I know how to use it".

Kristine...I like the idea of a sticky thread...maybe we should start one? There's always the classic "Hmm...I see the local pig farm is missing one of it's residents" and "Yes, I'm fat, but I can change that. Unfortunately, you will probably always be a jerk". And how about this one.."Wow! I didn't know they made jerks in jumbo size!" and one of my personal favorites "Were you born a jackass or did you have to practice to be this good at it?"

Last edited by Lisa N : Wed, May-08-02 at 16:29.