Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 22:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/316/220 Male 6'3
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Exercise for flabby skin

I've been on Atkins for almost 5 weeks and I've lost 20 pounds/2 inches around belly/chest. Most of my weight is on my beer belly. I'm concerned as I drop this weight, I'll end up with a lot of excess skin.

Any recommendations for working out that will specifically help with this?

Any recommendations for vitamins or lotion? Someone suggested putting vitamin E enriched lotion on my belly, but I'm not sure what to believe. It would kinda odd rubbing the budda every morning... maybe I can convince my wife to do it for me.

Mike
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 07:47

Plan: Fat Flush Plan (Zone)
Stats: 249/133/115
BF:
Progress: 87%

hello Mike,

now is a good time to address the flab! when I lost my first 20lbs I ended up with an 'apron' on my belly - the ugliest skin fold ever... it is gone now along with additional 11 inches off my waistline, it took me about a month of everyday abdominal exercises. I think the trick is to stretch and to sqeeze your skin and underlying muscles as much as possible. I do bodyflex exersize program which happen to work for me and keeps me flab free in other danger areas as well: arms, chin, and legs. I am still in danger of forming another apron if I do not continue exersizing because I have to lose another 95lbs of fat and 10 inches of waistline, so I keep going, even though I sometimes feel resentful about it. I have read yesterday in Musclemag (no239, May issue, p38)about hitting abs with Power Wheel exercise. I will give it a try, they say that it gives your abs an incredible workout with only a few sets of 10 reps.

best wishes

mila
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 20:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/316/220 Male 6'3
BF:
Progress: 23%

Thanks, I appreciate the tips. I'm trying to work in more stretching into my workout.

I'm still hoping someone will say that I need to have my wife give me a massage everyday. She won't take my word for it. I'll have to keep working on her...

Thanks again,

Mike
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-02, 20:52

Plan: Fat Flush Plan (Zone)
Stats: 249/133/115
BF:
Progress: 87%

if you are seriously craving massage then have it done by a professional massage therapist. once a week is more than enough and it feels like nothing else. they would know what oils or creams to use on your skin to maximize damage control. they also use ultrasound and moist heat to achieve maximum results. if you are on a tight budget, find a local massage school and volunteer your body for students to work on. you will get good massages very cheap. massage will help you achieve the same goals as weight training or aerobics without any work on your part!