Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 17:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/146/133
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Chocolate Heaven!!!

Please don't tell me this is bad for me...

tonight I was craving chocolate and the tub of Cadbury's Cocoa powder in my cupboard was consuming my thoughts (this doesn't happen often...honest!) so I made a dessert of :

2g cocoa powder (10.5g carb per 100g) 0.21 g
2g Hermosetas (55g carb per 100g) 1.10 g
50g Whipped cream (3g carb per 100g) 1.50 g
--------
2.81g carbs

It was heaven BUT go-on hit me with it...tell me why I shouldn't try this again...it really was too good to be true!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 22:03

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 257/228/130
BF:
Progress: 23%
Thumbs up

I think you're O.K. There's a dessert in the book "Eat, cheat and melt the fat away" which sounds almost identical. It's 2 cups of whipped cream, 3 tbsp. cocoa powder and the equivalent of 2 tsp. sweetener. It's a "pro-fat/almost level one on the Somersize diet. In fact, we're having company for dinner tomorrow and it's going to be dessert at our house.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 23:10
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

If you start fixating on it or craving it, it's bad for you. Don't try to believe that it fixes your cravings for sweets because it doesn't. You may not be eating the real thing, but you're still eating sweets. In the long run, this can work against you.

If you have it only occasionally as a break from routine, then I would say it was fine.

Karen