Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-04, 20:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/258/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Help Not Losing Weight

I have been LC now for 6 days. I am keeping it around 20-30 carbs a day. I got sick last time....this time I have done better. I am exercising and I thought I was eating the proper foods. HELP!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 01:52

Stats: 110/121/110 Female 162
BF:
Progress:

could you list the foods you were eating? (do breakdowns for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and total water consumed)
also, are u excersizing??
this may help me to give you some suggestions!
kr
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 05:57
Atkins Groupie

Stats: 265/250/150 Female 5'-6"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Patience!!! Patience!!! You've been dieting already since August you said earlier so you aren't gonna see the dramatic loss that others have had (ie 8 lbs in two weeks). And stay off the scale for two weeks, then weigh, then weigh only once a week! Did you take your measurements???? Do that and log them somewhere perhaps in your journal (Start a journal here it'll help tremendously).

Remember this isn't a diet but a Way Of Eating for the rest of your life!! You won't lose a lb a day...you might be one of these people (like me) who have their weight/fat just hang on fighting you every step of the way until it finally gives up and WHOOSH! a bit of it is gone. (Then the battle starts all over again.) I've found for me the best thing is to just concentrate on the guidelines in the DANDR book, weigh ONLY once a week plus take measurements, log them, and go on with my life. If you're following the guidelines, the weight will come off. It might not be as FAST as you'd like, but it'll come off (and there's a good reason for not wanting it to come off too fast...lose it too fast and you'll be looking for a plastic surgeon in the phone book to get rid of the excess skin)

Also, before boredom sets in, promise yourself to try at least one new recipe/meal a week from either the Dr. Atkins recipes or from one of the other lc cookbooks (library might have them, too, now). Another purpose of the guidelines is to introduce us to healthier foods we may never have eaten before. I.E. I discovered I actually do like brussel sprouts! And I made lc crab cakes one night that turned out pretty darn good according to everyone who ate them. So try new dishes. It'll make life interesting...
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 09:59

Stats: 278/258/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 16%

Thanks for the help. I will get my measurements posted as soon as I can get a tape. Here is what I had to eat yesterday.

B: 2 slices havarti cheese
4 slices Healthy Choice turkey breast
L: Carls Jr. Chicken Club wrap

S: 1 cheese stick/dipped in Rondele
D: Shrimp in LC coctail sauce
S: a small handful of mixed nuts
Water intake has been not to good. Maybe 40oz yesterday. I also drink coffee in the am with 1/2 and 1/2.
I exercise everyday for at least 20 minutes on the treadmill. I also do yoga (occasionally), water aerobics (twice a week), and take line dancing lessons every other week. When I got up this morning I was all swollen like I have been retaining water. I dont expect to lose weight immediately, I never thought about that I have already lost the first bunch (you are right). I have lost almost 2 top sizes 26/28 to 18/20(almost still a little snug) or that I have lost almost 2 pant sizes (22/24 to 16 (a little snug also). I do feel better almost like I have come out of a fog. I cannot really explain it. I do not crave the cake,chips, or really anything sweet anymore. I appreciate all your help. I will start a journal and post my picture and my measurements soon. Thanks!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 10:13
Chaos in the flesh!

Plan: custom
Stats: 386/218.2/167 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 77%

First of all, if you're going to start over on induction, you're going to have to cut out the coctail sauce- whether its lowcarb or not. Also, cut out the nuts - those aren't allowed on induction. Check your healthy choice turkey breast - it may have carbs. Low fat usually means more carbs. Turkey is already low fat by itself - I don't think its necessary to buy chemically altered meat so that you can have even less fat. You never know what those chemicals will do to you in place of the fat. Drink your water - it removes the toxins. 6 days is not enough time to judge - just be patient. If you're really worried about it - go back to strict induction.