Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 18:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241.5/236.75/140
BF:
Progress: 5%
Smile Another Newbie

Hello,

I just started today on the Dr. Atkins plan. I am afraid to hope since nothing else has worked. I am hypothyroid, so weight is very stubborn on me. Other thyroid patients report good results with low-carb plans, so I am giving it a go. Heck, I can do anything for 6 weeks, right? If at the end of 6 weeks things still look bleak, then I reassess my situation.

I would really love someone to keep in contact with, to help me stay on the straight and narrow. I have a long way to go, and it's an uphill battle. Anyone with advice as to how to get through the first couple days, e-mail me quick, 'cause, I am sure I'll need it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 21:19
Registered Member

Plan: dr. atkins/neanderthin
Stats: 326.5/197/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default you can do it!

ive been on the atkins diet for 10 days. ive lost 9 lbs. i need to lose over a hundred pounds. your not alone. the LC diet works wonders. i would be glad to talk about our progress in the future. just dont give up!!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 09:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hello Rochenne

Welcome here and I do understand that U have a hard time believing low-carbing will work. I to was sceptical. For the 1st time in my life I feel healthy and slim and in control of my eating. Are U on meds for your thyroid? Im sure U will have much success low-carbing, just be patient, drink lots of water and do lots of research...here on the forum and by reading LC books.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 11:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241.5/236.75/140
BF:
Progress: 5%

Yes, I am on meds, but my doctor doesn't take me very seriously I am afraid. I believe she is of the opinion that I am fat, lazy, and depressed. <sigh>
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 13:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

I had a Doc like that once.....made me feel like crap. I told him I was over weight because I was tired not the other way around. A few years later I found out I had fibromyalgia...from another Doc and if I had started low-carbing then I know I wouldve avoided a lot of headaches..but at least I have found it now. Dont let any Doc make U feel inferior, they dont know all the answers.