Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 01:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/247/175 Female 5'10
BF:39/36/24or less
Progress: 28%
Unhappy I ate cake

OMG it was sooooo good. It was just a sliver, and while it tasted so good going down I am now sooo mad at myself. I actualy managed to stay at 23 carbs (cant figure how I did it, but fitday said that I did). I went on a longer walk to cover my mishap. I still feel guilty. How do not beat yourself up for something like that. I have done so good and then that cake...it was there....it was like I just went to it. the crazy thing is I didnt even really want it. I mean I was not craving I just did it. Like old habbit. Ugh I am angry at me!!! Does this mean I have to re start my induction? not that I mind I am stay'n on induction for a while. I am just so MAD at me
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 01:26

Stats: 117//! Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

You know what? I once went to Cold Stone Creamery to buy my daughter some ice cream and I got all excited because they have this "sinless" ice cream in sweet cream flavor with splenda. Usually I am much more careful but thought that I would be ok. Well I was just finishing induction so I was on the 20 carb limit, and after I ate the ice cream I found out that it contained 41 grams of carbs (18 or so were sugar alcohols but I count them as carbs)!!! So instead of having 20 grams of carbs I ended the day with over 50. And you know what? I was still in ketosis the next day.

So, don't beat yourself up over it but try to learn from your mistake. It's one thing to eat the occasional high carb treat when you REALLY want it, but don't even entertain the thought when you aren't that interested and are only doing it out of habit. You will be fine, don't let this little mistake discourage you! Besides, you didn't go over your carb count. You might have done a small disservice to your body, but you won't gain any weight from it either.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 02:06
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

It happens. You have to just learn from this experience and not do it again.

Don't let it get you down and also don't let one fall lead to others. Like, oh well I messed up for the day so I'll just eat whatever all day long and start fresh tomorrow. This is what really messes you up.

Hang in there, you are doing great.

#4   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 07:05

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 188/173/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Just jump back on the wagon QUICKLY! Trust me on that. I lost 2 months and regained 76 lbs. from my fall off the wagon in December. If you mess up, brush yourself off and get back on track with a quickness.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 13:51

Thanks so much guys...Guess what I actualy lost 2lbs! LOL I wont let that be an excuse but I am relieved that I did not mess up that bad. I stopped at the one lil sliver and this mornin was right back to my old self some eggs for breakfast and a big ol glass of water! Yay me!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 13:53
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantabulus
Thanks so much guys...Guess what I actualy lost 2lbs! LOL I wont let that be an excuse but I am relieved that I did not mess up that bad. I stopped at the one lil sliver and this mornin was right back to my old self some eggs for breakfast and a big ol glass of water! Yay me!

Exactly don't use it as an excuse to binge more cause it will come back to haunt you.

Hang in there.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 15:21
Registered Member

Stats: 140/131/105 Female 2.8 MM
BF:23%
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookalee
Just jump back on the wagon QUICKLY! Trust me on that. I lost 2 months and regained 76 lbs. from my fall off the wagon in December. If you mess up, brush yourself off and get back on track with a quickness.

oh my... that is very scary!!! You gained 9.5 lbs a WEEK?
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 16:04

Plan: LC
Stats: 200/000/000 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 100%

....Yammy !!!...hope you enjoyed it !!! :-))))

AND NOW...... go back to the way you started.....nothing happen.........you will get there :-)))))
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 17:33
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantabulus
OMG it was sooooo good. It was just a sliver, and while it tasted so good going down I am now sooo mad at myself. I actualy managed to stay at 23 carbs (cant figure how I did it, but fitday said that I did). I went on a longer walk to cover my mishap. I still feel guilty. How do not beat yourself up for something like that. I have done so good and then that cake...it was there....it was like I just went to it. the crazy thing is I didnt even really want it. I mean I was not craving I just did it. Like old habbit. Ugh I am angry at me!!! Does this mean I have to re start my induction? not that I mind I am stay'n on induction for a while. I am just so MAD at me

I know exactly how you feel....but you know what? You only ate a tiny sliver...yep...bad girl etc....but you didn't pick up the next piece, you went right back on the diet, you did some "guilt exercise" (heh...I do that too), you're mad at yourself for doing it.....with the exception of ooonnneee little thing, these are all GOOD. You are on the right track!!

.....just remember...next time....put the cake down, and slowly back away!!!

Have a great day!!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 18:46

Stats: 265/247.5/145 Female 5'4.25"
BF:50%/46%/15%
Progress: 15%

i've done that to myself 100s of times. I mess up once and I say "oh, what the hell" and eat the entire cake. I not only feel guilty, but the carb/sugar overload literally makes me sick. And I've gained 5 pounds the next day. Now I look at a cheat as something totally not worth doing. Sure it may taste good momentarily, but it is not worth sacraficing an entire week's worth of dieting.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 14:32

It sooo was not worth it. I had the worst headache. I did great yesterday. I went out to a big ol birthday party with a friend. I said no to cake and no to the drinks had water all night and ended up the only sober one. Wonder how many lives I saved driving the whole party home? Now that feels good! Dare I say, better then cake!