Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 18:39
Registered Member

Plan: my own adapted
Stats: 210/187/127 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 28%

You're right... the label of Heinz low carb ketchup does say "product of Canada". I don't know whether to laugh or cry!!! I guess my question is.... who is making it for them and will it be available under another label? Islandgirl... any intelligence here?

Regards
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 19:35
Renovation Cub

Plan: LC
Stats: 330/286/200 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 34%

I've had Keto Ketchup, which was good, and Atkins Ketchup which I just got at the GNC here, which is also pretty good.
The Walden farms stuff I bought online didn't impress me. It tastes like tomatoe soup or something, and is really runny. Their BBQ sauce's though are really good.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 17:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnfast
You're right... the label of Heinz low carb ketchup does say "product of Canada". I don't know whether to laugh or cry!!! I guess my question is.... who is making it for them and will it be available under another label? Islandgirl... any intelligence here?

Regards

I'm all out of intelligence today!

My best guess though is that Heinz Canada is making it (saves them a lot of grief at the border with sister companies and all, plus the whole proprietary thing, and the good bargain with the Canadian dollar, even now).

Keep pestering Heinz Canada at www.heinz.ca , your store service desk (any store), go to http://www.carboptions.ca/en/contact.htm and ask THEM - that's Unilever Canada - if they are getting together with Heinz like they did with Skippy®, Lipton®, Knorr® and Hellman’s® ?

It's all coming, fret you not. Just look at the way things have changed just in the last 6 months, and the acceleration isn't done yet, in my opinion!
  #19   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 18:53
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/170/128 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default ketchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Joe
Thanks! I guess I'll have to do some searching here... I can't really afford to do any shopping on the net... I hate being a broke student!

How many grams of carbs are in these LC ketchups? I found a generic brand at Sobey's with 2.6gms per serving. I think Heinz is over 4gms. Are these other ones even lower?

hi joe im in london and if u find the ketchup let me know,loblaws has carb options steak sauuce etc. if carb options makes ketchup maybe we could ask the manager to order it,he as got me other things in the past.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 11:06

Plan: Akins
Stats: 360/310/180 Female 5 ' 4"
BF:
Progress: 28%

You can get CarbOptions low cal Ketchup. Carb ct is 1 gm. I live in Nova Scotia, and can get CarbOptions in CO-OP and Walmart. Hope that helps!
  #21   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 17:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/180/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 46%

I e mailed Heinz Canada, and without reproducing the whole answer, let me paraphrase without all the flowery repartee. Basically they are checking it out , with scientific experts , yep ,right! and AND Canadian consumers, right on!!! and will forward this to the marketing department. What say we FLOOD the marketing department.

Last edited by wils : Fri, May-14-04 at 17:55.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 10:09
Out of service...

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/205.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 18%

I bought the Heinz one carb ketchup in Winnipeg at a store called "Low Carb Connection" that also does online sales. http://www.lowcarbconnection.org/index.htm
I asked the guy working there why they didn't have to comply with bilingual packaging, and he told me that if the product doesn't have very many ingredients, they aren't required to have both languages, which is a load of bull if you ask me. My guess is he's going down to the US, buying it and reselling it at a price that will reserve him a warm seat in the afterlife, if you catch my drift. I saw that ketchup in North Dakota for $1.99us last weekend, and he's selling it for $5.99 a bottle. They don't list the Heinz on their website either, even though he told me that he is selling 30 bottles a day of it, which only convinces me further that they aren't supposed to be selling it. If you want it and aren't close to the US border, I would drop them a line or call and ask them to sell it to you even though it's not on the website.
BTW, that ketchup is amazing, and I was happy to pay the $6 for it. Now hopefully this guy doesn't get caught and have to stop carrying it...

Jenn
  #23   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 11:10

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

With Heinz selling millions of products in Canada anyway, what's one more bilingual label? Sheessh!
  #24   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 17:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyCakz
You can get CarbOptions low cal Ketchup. Carb ct is 1 gm. I live in Nova Scotia, and can get CarbOptions in CO-OP and Walmart. Hope that helps!

You guys must be special. There's no CarbOptions ketchup yet out here in the West or on their website at http://www.carboptions.ca/en/product.htm.
  #25   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 11:26
Rikki Tikki Tavi

Plan: Keto Clarity & Atkins
Stats: 262.5/257.6/180 Male 5'-11"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Carboptions - just saw them last week in Kitchener

Hi,
I bought some carb options stuff at Zehrs in Kitchener. Pretty good BBQ sauce and nice Sweet Tomato Salad Dressing.

It just came outr here last week (May 14, 2004).

Tom.