Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 10:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 214/204/140 Female 5'2"
BF:49%/26%/25%
Progress: 14%
Default Thanks and Good Bye FOR NOW

I am posting this in the SB and Atkins forum:

Please bear with me 'cause this may be a LOOONG post:

I am writing to thank everyone on this board for all their kind words and encouragement over the last 6 months I have been on this WOL. I have learned so much by being here. I have been a computer geek for many many years and have NEVER found such a WONDERFUL and supportive environment.

However, I found when I was on Atkins that I obsessed too much about both my weight and what I ate. Part of that was this forum. It fed my obsession. Counting carbs became my life. Everything I put in my mouth was thought about. My next meal was thought about. How I screwed up was thought about etc. etc.....you get the idea.....the scale was my enemy...etc etc...

Since I switched to SB it has become much easier. I have been on these forums less and less. I have stopped thinking about food and the weight has fallen off me (7 lbs in two weeks).

I think mainly it is because I now know what is right for me to eat. I listen to my body. If I am hungry I eat. If I am not I don't. I exercise.

All of this is because of this forum. I could not have done it without you!!

Yes I read the books, but it is the real hands on advice from real people that got me through the last 6 months and 62 lbs!!!

I will never forget any of you here but I am on my way and find I am better not coming here now.

I will certainly be back if I find myself slipping.

I didn't just want to disappear without saying good-bye and a

BIG THANK YOU TO ALL

TAKE CARE,

LOVE
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 11:29
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 185/175/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Do you really have to go?

Maggie-

I first want to say Congrats on your 62 pound loss. That's great. My opinion about the whole "i think about food and weight constantly" is that for me is just a reality. When you are in this battle, it's for life. If you don't think about it, you're liable to slip back into those old habits. Grant it....you shouldn't be obsessed about it.....but you're always going to have to think about it in order to maintain. I personally feel that this forum is made for people like us and that's why we came. I think that some people are at different places than others. I'm at a place where I feel as though slow and steady wins the race. It's not about losing 7pds in two weeks for me. (no offense to you) but to me you just went on induction once again. That's all the first two weeks of South Beach is. You'll hit plateus just as you did with Atkins. No matter what you do...the journey is going to be challenging. I pray that you stay strong and much success in your weight loss journey. The good thing about it is you can do anything you want to do.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 11:38
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Hey Maggie, on the off chance that you've come back to see what people said, I want to wish you good luck in whatever you do. Please do NOT hesitate to come back here any time. The weight you've lost and discipline you've gained could be a tremendous inspiration to those still fighting the battle....you could "pay it forward".

Best wishes!!...hope you change you're mind and you'll be inspiring some newbies tomorrow...but good luck if you don't.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 11:42

Hi slimforlife,

thanks for your reply. I do agree with you that this is a way of life and I do not plan on stopping thinking about what I eat just not so much , as you say everyone is different.

For those that care and for clarification re your comment "It's not about losing 7pds in two weeks for me. (no offense to you) but to me you just went on induction once again. That's all the first two weeks of South Beach is. You'll hit plateus just as you did with Atkins"

I went straight to Phase 2 of SOuth Beach, I did not do induction.

take care and good luck with your WOE.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 11:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddioM
Hey Maggie, on the off chance that you've come back to see what people said, I want to wish you good luck in whatever you do. Please do NOT hesitate to come back here any time. The weight you've lost and discipline you've gained could be a tremendous inspiration to those still fighting the battle....you could "pay it forward".

Best wishes!!...hope you change you're mind and you'll be inspiring some newbies tomorrow...but good luck if you don't.

hey Daddio,

I guess I should clarify my message a little...I WILL come back and say hi hopefully in a few months with good news that I am still losing and will "pay it forward". As you say I DO owe it to the newbies...I just won't be around much.....
take care......
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 11:52

Plan: Atkins, Perricone, my own
Stats: 157/144/120 Female 5 feet 1 1/2 inches
BF:do/nt/no
Progress: 35%

Your past posts helped me along so THANK YOU also. Good Luck and keep us posted now and then!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 12:04

Stats: 188/180/160 Female 5' 4''
BF:Next Mini Goal:175
Progress: 29%
Wink Good Luck!!!

Hey Maggie!!!

I just wanted to jump in here and wish you well. I still hope that you find the time to keep your journal active. No matter what diet you are on, it is always helpful to look back and see your progress, the emotions that you went through, and see what worked and did not work. Plus, all the wonderful people on this forum will encourage you and support you not matter what. I have journal buddies doing SB, CAD, WW, etc. We are all going through the same thing but just have different methods of dealing with it.

Best Wishes!!!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 12:37
SeeMyself

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Cool

Maggie,

Hi, I sent you a pm, please read....

I agree with you...

You have learned what you need to do, now it's time for you to take your skills and live and enjoy your life!

Quote:
I think mainly it is because I now know what is right for me to eat. I listen to my body. If I am hungry I eat. If I am not I don't. I exercise.

You found the "magic pill"

It takes a strong person to move on once they have found their skills, I am so happy for you

come back and visit once in awhile

Your going to do great! I'll miss ya
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 13:07
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Best of luck to you Maggie! I'm so happy for you! You seem so much more peaceful and happy with your decision. Please come back and share your success with us when the time is right for you!