Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 09:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 129.5/121/105 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress:
Default can someone take a look at this please!

Can someone please tell me if I'm doing this right. I read the book and everything, but i dont seem to be losing. Here is a typical day of what I eat. I am open to any suggestions.

Breakfast: Mock danish (1 0z cream chz, 1 egg, 1 packet splenda, some butter and cinnamon) 3 carbs.

Decaf coffee 16 oz, 2 tbs. 1/2 and 1/2, da vinci syrup. 3 carbs max.

Snack, 2 0r 3 slices american cheese and salami, sometimes also some turkey. 2 carbs.

Lunch 4 oz ceasar salad, no croutons, a little parmesan, and 3 oz grilled chx breast. not sure, but cant be many carbs

Snack 7 or 8 spears cooked broccoli in butter and 4 or 5 pieces grilled shrimp with butter and lemon. again, not sure, but it cant be many.

Dinner, 9 oz steak with bl chz crumbles on top, and broccoli if I havent had it for a snack. 0??? Sometimes add bl chz dressing instead, which would add about 2 carbs.]

lots of bottled water all day, so i dont think thats a problem. also have been in ketosis entire time according to the sticks, but dont have the symptoms, except may be a little decreased hunger.

Sometimes i substitute, and I'll have a 4 oz salad with bacon bits, cucumbers, chz and oil and vingar instead of a snack. Are bacon bits ok? I try to stay away from processed foods mostly. Also, can I have wings? I work in a restaurant, and most of my food comes fromt here. I'm really careful about what i order, but our wingsauce has 2 carbs and 1 gram sugar for 2 tbs, which is actually more than i would use. is this acceptable?

I dont have much to lose, only 10 lbs, but i'm getting frustrated. Summers coming quick! I started two weeks ago and have lost 2 1/2 lbs. If I get on the scale a few times and jiggle a little. and my measurements are the same, and nothing feels loser yet. (including my bathing suit!) Thanks for whoevers still reading this novel! Ally

Last edited by twnklshy : Thu, Apr-15-04 at 09:36. Reason: forgot something
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 09:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/128/112 Female 5'1''
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi Ally,

I don't know how good my advice will be as I've only been doing this a little while as well. I have been on and off for about 6 months but started properly 2 weeks ago. Like you I do not have much to lose and although I lost 4 lbs in the first week I didn't lose any in the second week. I think it's because we don't have much to lose so the results will be slower. You could check the sliced meat and cheese as it may have hidden things in it. Otherwise your meals look ok. I think half and half has quite a few carbs, maybe try using full cream? But like I said i think because you have only 10 lbs to lose it will take longer. Hope that helped somewhat. Everyone here is very helpful so I'm sure you'll get some good advice from some long-time members.

Tammy
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 09:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 319/240/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

You need to remember that this is a WOL and not a crash diet. Most people take exponentially longer to lose that last 10lbs. However, personally I would cut out all deli meats/preserved meats and keep the bacon to a minimum. Also, personally I lose fastest on the days when I have NO artificially sweetened products (this includes maltitol, splenda, and aspertame ect). Also look out for cheese. Is american cheese like Kraft single? Becuase if it is you should probably switch to a more natural and lower carb cheese. Also you seem to eat a lot of cheese. I know that personally I can't get away with six servings of cheese a day and still lose weight.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 10:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 129.5/121/105 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress:
Talking oh! cheese.

I know, i do use a lot of cheese. i even cut that breakfast recipee in half bc it calls for 2 ozs. usually less than a tsp on my salads, but a lot on my steak at night. do you think it would be better to stick with the dressing and not the crumbles? I really try to stay under three ozs, but i guess that might be one of my problems. i kind of knew the lunch meat might not be alright, its wawa brand, so its fresh, but the nutrition label doesnt say about the nitrates and perservatives, unless i'm missing it (I looked it up online. guess i'll switch to some fresh turkey)

Thanks for the quick responses. i really like the diet, i can picture sticking with it as a long term thing. i dont even miss all the pasta i used to eat, and i'm a little closer to be over the pizza and fries thing. i live on the boardwalk in jersey, so summer might be tough! I guess i'm just one of those scale obsessed people, though, but i'm getting better. thanks for the fast responses! ally
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 10:29

Plan: southbeach
Stats: 190/190/135 Female 5'0
BF:not sure
Progress: 0%

Watch the cinnamon..I used 2 tablespoons yesterday and it was 11g carbs..needless to say, I only had the very meat basices for dinner..Such an innocent little spice, but boy it packs on the carbs..

Michelle