Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 02:34

Plan: zone
Stats: 155/155/125 Female 68.5
BF:27%/27%/15%
Progress: 0%
Default late 20's early 30's flab removal

It seems that as i enter my late 20's the flab is steadily increasing. I stop the active play that i use to do as a young child and so i continue to eat all the junk i use to eat and flab increases. The muscle and strength slowly decreases and then i'm left here going oh no my pants are too tight! I want to stop the steady creep NOW! and i want to turn it around into a steady decrease. I want to begin a life long journey of strength, health, flexibility, balance and laughter. I want to be fit to not only be strong, but too look younger and be able to run around like i was a kid again.

This has been hard for me now that i work a 9 to 6 job monday thru friday and i don't belong to a sports team.

Is there anyone else out there who wants to say NO to the steadycreep and YES to weightloss, mucscle increase, flexibility increase, strength increase, smaller clothes, less fat, more energy and much more?

If so lets keep each other motivated, energized and supported. Also, to be hear to listen when we brake down or to stop us when we feel like breaking down.

I know i need the support.

infiniti
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 23:22

Default Wow. . .

No buddies available? maybe it's just the title. Anyone have a better idea for title? It would be nice to find a group to check in too and help keep me acountable!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 21:06

Plan: MD/SC
Stats: 220/184/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Talking Gladly:)

Dear infiniti!

I am 30 years old and a mother a beautiful 7 year old girl. I need a buddy to keep me on track and share in this struggle to loose the "insulation" as I call it. I started the LC way of eating in July of last year, lost 27 pounds, but gained 10 back after my trip to Russia to visit with my parents. I am kicking myself hard for letting the weight creap back up, beacause it was not easy to loose it. I am back on the straight and narrow as of 2 weeks, but need someone to kick me when I am falling. I myself can be very supportive and encouraging when it comes to other people - after all I convinced 5 friends of mine that the low fat diet is not a way to eat or loose weight. They are all doing great now. But when it comes to myself... Let's just say I can use someone to kick me back to reality.
Yes, I would like to feel energetic again, to run like a child, to have strength, to be able to buy clothes that's on the discount rack (size 6-8) LOL.
Let's do it.
Emma
PS I think the title is just fine.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 21:28

Default I had about given up. . .

Alright let's do it!

Let's start off with posting what we are going to do next week for exercise/ menus/ and what are goals are.

I'll post it by sunday.

Today i didn't do so well, went out with work and tried to order more chicken on my salad, and they gave me two tiny extra strips! : (

oh well. Hope you did better if not write why you think you let go or wandered down another path.

softly lapping waves with silky sand
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 08:27

BF:
Talking

That's a good idea about goals for next week. I'll post it by tomorrow too. I want to take my measurments so I can track inches as well, cos you know sometimes when you weight the same, you might be still loosing inches.
Sorry for not replying earlier - Friday was sorta hecktic for me. I did ok eating wise, didn't get time to eat dinner - we went to the concert. I had cream cheese crepe for breakfast, Subway chicken wrap for lunch and diet coke for dinner - i just wasn't hungry.
You asked about cheating. I almost did that last week. I was going so good, but everyone at the office ordered pizza. I almost surcame to the temptation, but ordered salad the last minute. See, the thing with me is, once I eat carbs - there's no stopping me. LOL. My problem area is exercising. If I walk 2 miles 3 times next week, I'll be a happy person.
Can't wait to hear from you and to see what your goals are.
Best wishes,
Emma
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 14:31

Way to go on ordering the salad. I'm still working on my goasl. I'll have them set by later tonight.

This what i'm planning to post daily in my journal and then do shout outs here.

weight (weekly)
measurements (weekly)
food diary (daily)
exercise (daily)
water (daily)

Have you started a journal yet? It is marvelous all of the traffic you get, very motivating.

I know about pizza, why can i visualize it so well? I need to be able to look at a salad the same way!

It was so good to hear from you keep me posted. looking forward to seeing your stats and goals
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 22:28

BF:
I went by your journal, it seems that you are doing great! You are getting a lot of traffic! I also do have a journal. I think I saw you mention in one of the posts that you like desert. Have you tried making carbless cheesecake? If not, I just posted the recepe in my journal. I absolutely love it. It helps you through those sweet tooth moments.
Well, I guess I'll set the goals for next week:

Exercise: I want to walk 2 brisk miles on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Situps every morning and every evening. Let's say 20 to start with. Walking and situps will be increased with each week. I also plan to return to gym starting spring break.

Menu: I'll add fish to my menu this week. I just bought 2 humango salmon halfs on sale - that must have been a sighn from above Lol.I drink 4 bottles of water every day, so I might encrease that by 1 bottle.

I'll post my current weight and mesurments now and then update it next Sunday. My goal for the next week is to loose 1 pound. I believe in starting small LOL. After I get rolling there will be no stopping me lol.

Chest - 41"
Weist - 35"
Hips - 44"

Let me know if I forgot anything. Can't wait to hear your goals. You seem to know exactly what you want and that's so great!
Best wishes,
Emma
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 18:29

BF:
Talking

I didn't cheat today, I've done my sit ups and I walked 2 miles. Great feeling!
How did you do, suzy? Was you hungry?
I defenantly will encrease my situps tomorrow and try to walk faster - I feel that I am not doing enough. BUt who knows, we'll see if it brings any results at the end of the week.....
Emma
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 20:50

Default could have don alot better. . .

check out my journal but, i could have done alot better.

I didn't sleep last night so i didn't get up this morning and im so tired right now.

i didn't go grocery shopping so i am not eating the most favorable stuff but i am sticking to the ratios and incorporating more protein, so that i did better on.

I was so tired i had coffee and i didn't drink enough water but all in all a better day than normal.

WAY TO GO on not cheating and exercise. I would just keep your exercise level at what it is for this week. You went out and did it. If you increase so fast it might not be as pleasurable and then you will be less likely to do it. increase on monday.

good to hear from you two thumbs up for exercise and not cheating.

suzy
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 06:11
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/179/142 Female 63
BF:no idea
Progress:

Hi, I followed this thread from the previous sites. Where are the journals you all talked about?

Also, I would love to be a part of this, but I am old enough to be your Mother's by the title of this thread.
I started college at 40, so I am just a middle age lady with teen desires (HA HA).

I go to the doctor tomorrow to try and convince him to switch me from Synthroid to Thyrolar OR add Cytomel to the Synthroid.

Give me a post, guys!

PS HAPPY SAINT PATRICK"S DAY!
THE LUCK OF THE IRISH TO YOU ALL.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 16:50

Plan: my own
Stats: 303.4/299.4/150 Female 5'2"
BF:umm... duh!
Progress: 3%
Default Hi...

I just was going over this thread and I'm looking for buddies as well. I want a group of people to keep me together as well.

I'm a 27 year old single mom of a almost 6 year old daughter. I've been on Atkins for 3 weeks now and have lost 13" and 11 lbs. I was on Atkins about a year ago, but I couldn't stick with it because I didn't have the support and the products weren't really all that available. But now they are everywhere and that helps out alot.

Anyhow, I would really like some people to talk to. Hope to chat with you soon!!!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 19:54

Default good to see new faces

It's good to see more people here. It will help me to get motivated. yes you read that right, i need to get motivated.

Coniluv, on the bottome of each posting the users areas are located. Look for a green button entitled "journal" If you go to the journal section on the home page and create a journal, you will get a journal button too.

snmn & stars, welcome. WAY to go on the weight loss and inches lost! keep it up , maybe i'll learn from you on how to get going and keep going because right now i can keep people in check, give them nutrition and exercise information but actually being motivating with what i do, nope because i haven't figured out a way to stick to i.

suzy
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 20:00

BF:
I am very glad to see new faces joining this thred. Last week I lost 2 pounds - 1 extra than I planned. This week it's not going so smoothly. Stress has a lot to do with that. But....I am not giving up yet.
Best wishes to everyone
Emma
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 10:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 129/127/109 Female 5"3
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hello all,
I really need some help here.I bought all the right foods and veggies from thte list of recipes they have here.I am eating three meals a day.Drinking my water.(3litters)My situps and walking.......Only to find out from thte fitday that I have been counting carbs wrong.According to it I had 92 carbs.And 1065 cals yesterday ...How I was so way off Ill never know.Im 127 trying to be 109.........A year ago I was 97ibs...This is a first for me.I have never been over 100 ibs in my life.......Went from a 1 to a 9 in jeans.It looks like Ill be starting over here.Even though I have lost 2 pounds...I weight in tomorrow so Ill post my stats then....May we all be the person we set out to be.......lilrose
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 18:59

BF:
Hi lilrose!

I tried to use fitday a couple of times but it was too complex for me, so I just stick to the Atkins carb counter in the book and eat simple. I think infiniti uses it and may be she can give you pointers on what's going on. May be you can post a sample menu for us to see what is causing the slow weigh loss. But, 2 pounds really sounds good to me. The less you have to lose, the slower the process, or at least that's what I heard.
Best wishes
Emma