Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 16:45

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 151/148/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default switching from atkins...could you guys take a look?

i was on atkins for 9 months, lost TONS of weight and got down to 103lbs (LadyBelle knows me..)...at 5'7" thats not such a great thing...so I ended up bingeing my way back up to...Im guessing between 136-140...Im seeing a therapist for anorexia and for a few other things. anyhow, i have been trying to get back onto atkins and end up bingeing on sweets every night. i scored a 9 before i started atkins on the test, now i score an 8..i dont so much like bread and pasta anymore..just the sweets. anyhow. im reading the CAD book and ive read through the 2 main threads on this forum and have gotten some good info. i was wondering if you guys think this might work for me and also if you could give me some pointed on the food i ate today..i did have 2 diet cokes at lunch CM but got really hungry at work at around 3 so i had another one. im gonna make my lunch tomorrow bigger i guess?

CM breakfast-
2 egg omlette with 1 slice of american cheese
mocha chiller (coffee icecubes, 1 cup fat free carb countdown (3carbs))

CM lunch-
large salad with mozzarella, chicken and ranch
airy muffin (recipe from CAD book) with some butter
2 cans diet coke

RM dinner-okay i got a lil crazy...
large salad with mozzarella, chicken and ranch
about 1 1/2 cups broccoli with butter and cheddar
small piece of breaded chicken with a lil mayo
about 1/2-3/4 cup of cocoa crispies with some carb countdown
about...1 1/2 cups of icecream

i know my RM was a bit unbalanced but i tried...? i drank TONS of water today (as always). i ate breakfast at around 8:30 and started to get hungry around 11...ate lunch at 11:50 or so and got hungry at 4ish...by the time i got home from work i was so hungry and is prolly one of the reasons i didnt do so great at RM. do you guys think i should eat MORE at meals? thanks in advance for you time and advice, ill continue reading the book and browsing through here for answers before asking.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 17:35
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

I think it's the carb down and the diet sodas. I'm not familiar with the carb countdown but diet sodas are major insulin culprits on CAD. I would print out the cheat sheet and list of stallers and follow them religiously for two weeks. Coffee with any cream (and only two ounces once a day outside RM is allowed) must be drunk within 15 minutes. Other than those things your food looks fine.

It takes three days to overcome cravings when doing CAD clean.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 18:25

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 151/148/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Are no caffeine, splenda sweetened sodas allowed more than 2 a day? i know splenda is an artifical sweetener...sorry to ask such silly questions that are probably sitting in front of my face in the book. im gonna read through it once and then reread it again to make sure i catch everything. i am SOOO tired right now (about 2 1/2 hrs after RM)...is that normal? i may just be tired from lack of sleep/caffeine...i usually drink a 44oz diet coke on the way to my first job, and another 44oz diet coke on the way home from that job to the 2nd job. im slackin now
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 10:10

Plan: CALP (switched from Atkins)
Stats: 189/169/145 Female 63 inches
BF:Way/too/high
Progress: 45%

No. To succeed on CAD you should limit the artificial sweetened sodas to your RM. If you are a true carb addict, the sweet taste of Splenda will trigger insulin release as well as cravings. Of course, since you can have 'the real thing' at RM, the Hellers actually wrote that we would be better off avoiding artificial sweeteners altogether (but I still use them on occasion).
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 12:21
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Just a warning. You're going to get a wicked headache from caffeine withdrawal.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 14:42

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%

Magnesium supplements are supposed to help with that. I am trying to wean myself off of a diet pepsi addiction myself. I've been taking the supps and limiting my diet sodas to with my cm's but not outside of them. I'm working towards cutting them out entirely.