Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 21:47
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/152/130 Female 5'6
BF:how do you know?
Progress: 8%
Default group for those wanting to lose 20lbs by jan 1!

im proposing to start a group for those looking to lose 20lbs by jan 1.
will be hard through the holiday season but if we stick to it i think it may bring in the new year in a wonderful way.

i am currently 150 and aim to weigh 130 by jan 1.

interested?

i would suggest going on a one month induction and one month
increased carb uptake.

excercise at least 4 times a week, 45 min. min each session

we could work out details as suggestions come in.

interest?

mossygyrl
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 09:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins!!!
Stats: 151/147/140
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Hey Mossy!

I'd love to be in your challenge. I think our goals are similar. I am 163 and want to weigh 140 by christmas. I used to work out religously before I started work, but slacked off. 4 days a week, 45 minutes per session, yeah, I can do it. My workout routines are usually weights first, cardio next..........I have a bad back, so no running, and I like to do windsor pilates. Seems nobody has joined in yet, but I will be your partner in crime if ya like, it would be fun.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 13:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/152/120 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hello Girls!!
I would love to join your challenge. I currently weigh in at 155
and would love to be 20lbs lighter...I'll take what I can get!! more then that would be great too! My mini challenge is to get out of those 150's...I'm tired of being at 155ish. So let's do the exercise...4x a week sound good. and let's not forget water.I'm personally want to do straight induction. That works best for me.

Ok, girls..hope to hear from you.
My start date was 10/20/03

Last edited by eyesonly76 : Wed, Oct-29-03 at 13:20.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 14:18
~version 2.0~

Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

You know... I don't know about 4x a week of exercise... but i can do 3x a week... I am going to be so busy in the up coming months and don't want to lie right off the bat

But count me in... I don't know about me losing that much by January... but even if i lose 10lbs... then it is not in vain.

Also... this is the first "challange" have been hanging around reading these for a few days... guess I should just hop in....
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 15:36
Registered Member

BF:

Great, we have some people!! Seems we all have the same goals. My start date was October 27, 2003. Oh, and definetly gotta fit in the water. Its the most important thing! So, good luck to all then, hope more join!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 16:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 174/174/120 Female 5'1
BF:lots
Progress: 0%

count me in, too. i doubt i can lose 20lbs. in two months but it's worth a try.

currently i'm at 151 and i don't really have a weight goal for the holidays. i'd just like to fit back into, at least, some of those clothes i have stored for 'when i get back down to my normal size'.

october turned out to be a horrible month for me dietwise. (a little birthday celebrating that got completely out of hand) so, i think a challenge is just what i need to get me back on track.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 17:34
Registered Member

BF:

Coffee, how do you expect to reach your goal if you are so pessimistic?? Ya gotta believe you can do it, and you will. For 3 months, I have gone off the right track. I stopped working out and stopped eating healthy. I can't say I am 100% on track now, but I know I need to be to make myself feel better. You weight less than me, so, personally I don't think you need to lose 20lbs. But, it all depends on your body type. Maybe you are at the size you were built for. I think 140 is the size I should be at, its were I've been that I have felt the healthiest. I am 5'7 and now 163, which isn't bad for my height, but definetly not where I should be.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 17:40
Registered Member

BF:

Okay, I worked out today. Woo Hoo! I did.........20 min weights (arms and legs) and 20 min cardio, walking and cycling. Thinking about doing pilates, but I don't want to wear myself out so quickly. Save something for tomorrow.

Shuold we add eachother to our buddy list?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 19:23
Registered Member

Stats: 135/121/105 Female 5 feet, 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi,
I would love to join this challenge. I'm at 121 right now, and I know that 101 might seem very low, but I do have a small frame.
Lately I have been doing the winsor pilates also. I always feel it the most in my abs.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 20:25

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 208/185/150 Male 5ft 9'
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Hey all

Hi everyone!!! My goal right now is 160 and I am currently at 173 (pending weigh in on 31st) which means to reach the goal I will have to lose 13 pounds. however 152 is fine too, since I set my goal based a my BMI, which I realize isnt completely accurate. Nehoo ... I still want to do this. Perhaps Ill get to goal. Either way.. this challenge will help me stay on track . Good luck to everyone.

Also I will excercise 4x at least.. Since i am currently doing 4-5 x a week already.

I'll keep you updated.. cya
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 22:21

Plan: dr. atkins
Stats: 155/145/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hey ladies. I definately want to join. Count me in. I don't know if I can lose 20 pounds either. With a 20 pound loss I would reach my goal weight ...and i've heard the last ten are the hardest to lose. So i'm shooting for 15. currently 145...GOAL 130
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 04:37

Stats: 184/159/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default My First Challenge-I'm in!

Hi Everyone! I have just under 20 to lose so count me in! I can do the exercise 4x/week and will try to stick to Induction for November then graduate to a few more carbs in December. Roxy--it looks like we are in a similar boat except you want to lose a few more than me. Let's help motivate eachother!
Good luck!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 17:31
~version 2.0~

Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

Okay guys... I exercised today... whoo hooo... I won't weigh myself til Saturday... I have a big Halloween party on Friday night... and plan on drinking "enough"... I always weight about 1 lb less after I drink... maybe just dehydration... but it stays gone

Wish me luck... and Happy Halloween all!!!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 17:49
Registered Member

BF:

Rachelle, what do you drink??? I drink and I gain weight and get out of ketosis.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 17:54

Plan: NK-LCHF
Stats: 158.2/155.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

ok folks I am game...

20 pds in 2 months?? thats 2.25 pds per week...wow that is some challenge...even excercisiing 5 days/week for 1.5 hrs cardio and weights I haven't been able to drop that much. BUT hey....it will be interesting to try.
May I suggest a weigh in day ....and since Saturday is the 1st....do u all think Saturday would be ok to post current stats....
Would be interesting to see who is leading the pack and how .
Laters Gators
Bu