Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-01, 11:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/124/120
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default Seeking support

Between February and June, I had great success with a low carb diet (augmented by lots of exercise), lost 25 pounds (close to goal), and was able to relax the diet without gaining any back. For almost two months. And the weight has just started creeping back (about 4 pounds), but I'm having trouble re-disciplining myself. I haven't gone back to eating the way I used to, by any means, but I've definitely been adding back in some sweets, which has reactivated the craving for them. So, anyway, I'm on this website hoping to find help to motivate myself. Good luck to all.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-01, 12:41

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Seeking support

Quote:
Originally posted by maestra
I'm on this website hoping to find help to motivate myself. Good luck to all.

You've come to the right place, Maestra. You'll find all kinds of tips, helpful suggestions and above all, support.

Congrats on your loss and I'm sure you'll take care of those 4 lbs (you know what you have to do ).

If you're still looking for information on the Shwarzbein principle you can find it listed under LC Plans off the main forum menu. In fact many LC plans are discussed there.

Good luck to you, too

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-01, 14:27

Stats: 188/163/145?
BF:
Progress:
Default Welcome

Hi. Glad you found us. This is an unbelievable site with loads of info and great people. I have to visit often for inspiration and to hear how everyone is doing. The recipe section is great too. Good luck and have a great weekend,
Cheers, Lara
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-01, 14:56

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default Welcome Maestra

Hi Maestra

You did very well to lose so much so quickly. Maintaining is an ongoing exercise. This site is wonderful as a reminder of all the tips that get pushed to the back of your mind as well as for information and support .... and keeping you on track.

As Lara says Nothing Tastes as good as slim feels ... Nice one Lara.
Take care
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-01, 14:57

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome maestra! you're right that those sweets produce cravings. i'm the very same! i'm like an alcoholic with sweets. i can't have just one! post often! we like to hear more from you!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-02-01, 06:44
Registered Member

Stats: 150/124/120
BF:
Progress: 87%

Thanks to all for the welcome and encouragement. I have a lot of questions, but I'll post them in a different forum. I'm looking forward to spending time here!