Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 07:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/160/126 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 19%
Unhappy FitDay hassles

Okay, so I've been using FitDay for a month or so but since I started cooking (never cooked before Atkins) I'm having hassle putting some of the new foods into it.

My main problem is this. I've made muffins and low carb bread but FitDay dosen't seem to recognise the flours. How can you do custom food if it dosen't have flour in the system? I don't know what I can do about it. So, I'm not counting my carbs totally cos if I eat a muffin, I can't put it in FitDay.

Is this making any sense?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 08:55
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi,

I'm not sure what you used in the muffins, but you'll have to enter it as a custom food. I don't do a lot of baking, so I'm afraid I don't have the carb counts, but they might be linked here in the Kitchen FAQ...
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 09:46
Phoenixa

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 164/136.6/132 Female 172/5'8
BF:Yes.
Progress: 86%

The stuff I don't find in Fitday - or when they only have weird measurings of it (like how big is a stalk of broccoli? etc or "one serving" of something... eh? or "thin slice of turkey ham" for that matter... *duh* and of what diameter??) I parallelly check it in the LowCarbTools sections Carbohydrate Counter and then copy that over to Fitday as custom food. Carbohydrate Counters list is way much better, more complex and versatile than Fitdays, I think, incl choice between weight and volume for the same item.