Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 09:51

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 151/148/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default New candies...

Russell Stover now has a SF Smores flavor. Kinda higher in counts though. GoLightly is good!! Made with Splenda and everything! I've only tried the choc & creme though. Super Walmart has caught on! And reg. Walmart now has LC Russell Stover candy..though Im perfectly happy with the SF. Mmm Candy!! Walmart brand has SF candy for $1 butterscotch, mixed (strawberry, watermelon, orange, I cant remember the rest...), cinnamon, and I think theres some more...Theres also some SF things that look like Twizlers, I didnt check out the label on that 1 though...Anybody else find anything good lately??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 16:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 279.6/273/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 5%

Wal-Mart is like my second home, just came from there. I found Baskin & Robbins sugar free Mint Chocolate Chip (Hard Candy), it has 15 Carbs, but all 15 are Sugar Alcohols. They are YUMMY!

They had several other candies that contained ISOMALT, is that a sugar alcohol, or is that one the bad guys?
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 18:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Isomalt is a sugar alcohol and, like all sugar alcohols, is a very powerful laxative. Stick to the 'suggested serving size' or be prepared to stay near a toilet the next day.

And also be prepared to stall in your weight loss as many people find that sugar alcohols stop their losing completely.

I see that el corazon has now got down to 116 pounds, FAR BELOW a healthy weight for her 5'6" height. This is NOT what Atkins is supposed to do. This seems to be a person with an eating disorder, or at least, a very bad idea of what a good weight is.

Last edited by tofi : Sun, Aug-31-03 at 18:28.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 18:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/190/150 Male 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

I personally prefer the Atkins candy. The Caramel Nut Crunch tastes just like a snickers
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 20:46

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 151/148/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%

well gee tofi you didnt need to be mean. i didnt TRY to get to the weight im at and am definatly not trying to lose anymore. im just gonna take my weight off my stats so people cant make anymore comments cuz apparently its an issue. i do not starve myself, in fact i eat ALLLL the time. my mom just said the other day, if i didnt see you eating 24/7 i would be worried. she also said that if i wasnt built just like my dad she would be worried as well. we're tall and limby. my brother is 6'2" and underweight. he is built, eats like a pig (high carb foods) and is limby and tall just like me, my dad, and the rest of my sibs. I think its kind of unfair to say what you said without knowing anything about the person. I will stop rambling now. Thanks