Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 19:29

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default today's rm

hi guys. I know we have read this before but i feel i still have to share. TODAY, i decided to have my rm, and not worry about the balance. i needed norishment..(i know what a lack of food feels like but i am never hungry since cad, so i am not going to say i was hungry).it was 7pm and my last cm was 12 pm. For my RM i bought 3 coconut cookies they were large(huge even) but not thick,1 fried drumstick , fries , 1 diet drink, and 1 cup chocolate icecream.
I started with one cookie, then fries,chicken and diet drink, icecream. I felt full.Another cookie. I started on the third cookie, and like a switch ,after the second bite i wanted no more ,SO SUDDENLY....i took a third bite to make sure. I soon felt disgusted that i ate more than one of the cookie. I thought of saving it for tomorrow then i asked myself WHY? When i got home i gave the cookie away.
THIS IS SO AWESOME IT'S ALMOST REDICULOUS!!!! Now if i can only listen to the first signal of satisfaction.

Does anyone feel full after eating icecream or milk? I've noticed i feel full and satisfied days i drink milk or ice-cream.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 19:45

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Oh yeah, baby...

I get that nice satisfied feeling after ice cream... maybe that is why I have been having it almost every night, eh?

And listening to those satisfied feelings, I know JUST what you mean. I am getting them too and actually paying attention (some of the time, at least!) Tonight I had salad, chicken finger and fries. I only ate 1/2 of the fries because now I find they are a little to bland to be "worth it". Then I started with my dessert, turtles. I had about 8 in a baggie with me (in case the other ppl wanted any) First two went down real easy, but by the third I was getting tired of it. That is like a miracle compared to the old me who would have eaten them all.. actually, the box which has been in my house for a couple of weeks, never would have lasted more than a day around the old me!

CAD rules!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 17:07

BF:

it gets better every day. last month i could not do without chocolate, then it was bread, now i am almost done with the ice cream fixation. i really had to battle with my rm today, i had no idea what i wanted.... and i left 1/2 of my watermelon(dessert).
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 23:12

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 191/189/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Oh, dear, yes!
Progress: 5%

I have ice cream once in a while (too much sugar, but somehow the protein and fat seem to slow it down, so it doesn't drive my blood sugar down), and I agree with the satisfied feeling! Besides being sweet and filling, it has tryptophan, that amino acid in turkey that makes you content and sleepy. I wonder if that's why it's so satisfying.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 12:52

Plan: CKD (Modified)
Stats: 27%/22%/15% Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 62%

lowco,
i am glad you were able to stop, sometimes i have a bite of something and that is enough and ofcourse other times i have more.

only lost 3 lbs so far on cad in about 20 days, but i have messed up a lot and still did ok. i do think CAD is a great balanced way to eat.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 15:04

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

I marvel almost daily at the difference this has made in my life. I can't believe there are foods that I gorged on and now I don't even care if I have them or not or am able to have a reasonable amount and be done with it. It's CAD magic!

Deb
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 16:35

BF:

222*2,
i've been reading cad, over and over.it is motivational. the longer you are on cad the better it gets. The sugar and carb cravings even at Rm changes, you may want less of it or real healthy carbs. By the time you've reached your goal weight Carb consumption would be under control. I know for me the type and amount of carbs makes a difference. But for now i am enjoying the forbiden fattening foods during RM......

QUICK DEB
yESTERday, i had exactly( i measured it afterwards) 6oz of chocolate icecream with a small slice of chcolate cake for dessert...usually that would not have been enouth cause that would have been a cheat food and i'd have huge amounts hoping to start dieting the next day. As the cad book says rm is supposed to be a "mini feast", not a binge.