Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 13:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 294/255/155 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Cleaning out closet, YEA!!!!!

Wow, how wonderful that was!! I went through my closet to see what kind of clothes I might have to wear. Got rid of some of my LEAST favorite clothes. Too BIG!!! Too unflattering! Found some new stuff that I hadn't even worn yet!

What a great feeling to throw out my extra big clothes. You know, those clothes that are so old and stretched out that an elephant could probably fit into them. Those were the ones I wore day after day, cuz they fit around my big derierre and abdomen without being too tight. As a stay at home mom for the most part, I had a disgusting wardrobe. I hate to even call it by that name, since that sounds like something way too nice for what I had hanging in my closet. My clothes consisted of T-shirts and stretchy pants.

Hallelujah!!!!!!

Echo
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 20:45

Stats: 316/273/180 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Good for you!!! I did this myself recently and it felt great to get rid of the frumpy clothes! On to a new you and a new closet!!
~Cindy
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 11:28
Zora

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Congratulations Echo! I'm doing the same thing, although I kept one pair of jeans that I continuously wore before I started Atkins. I put them on every now and then when I start feeling sorry for myself. It gives me a boost and I can really see how far I have come.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 11:49
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

I NEED TO DO THIS!

I have pants waist 30" (only one pair and they were never hemmed and are older than many people on these boards!) up to waist 1 zillion. Or so it seems. I know for a fact I have pants in 10 sizes. I have shirts in 7. At a minimum. And I bitch about my wife keeping stuff for years?
For whatever reason this message chain pulled my own chain.

Way to go! I will start cleaning the closets. Starting at the skinny end and work my way up.

It is not as though I would not love shopping again for new clothes in the "normal" men's section. So I can give to charity all my "normal" clothes. Now...how many folx are into bell-bottomed zoot suits?
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 12:23

Stats: 300.5/260.0/130.0 Female 5'2"
BF:65%/58%/22%
Progress: 24%

WTG Echo!! That must feel awesome. I can't wait to do the same myself. That and be able to go into any store and buy clothes!

Carla