Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-01, 11:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/171/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Does Fitday delete you for non-use after a time?

I can't get back into Fitday cuz I absolutely can't remember my login and password. Tried all the variations I usually use in different locations but no luck. I've even tried asking for password reminder and although it says message sent back to me, nothing arrives in my mailboxes so maybe the login name is wrong and someone else is getting unsought reminders of their password. I'm wondering if there's a limit on how long a gap in use before one gets deleted. At this point, I'm thinking I'll just re-register, but did kind of want to look at my previous record.

I'm still apparently stalled at 6 months since starting Atkins. Lost at an unspectacular rate at the beginning (initially hopeful of the dramatic losses I'd read about), but fairly quickly slowed down to a 1 1/2 lb per month and then 0 for the last couple of months even though remaining in fairly strong ketosis (overall, about 15 lbs lost since the beginning which I'm very happy about--inches loss also stalled). After I got the gist of my consumption patterns on Fitday (general carb and calorie count), I stopped recording. Now, I figure I'd better get obsessive about counting again as this stall is seemingly not breaking (actually 2 lbs up this morning but figure it's a temporary blip as I've done nothing to deserve the increase). Dropped out of ketosis on my 1 week holiday, but back in again. I was kind of hoping that the 3 occasions of overt carb consumption during the hol week (4 small home made muffins and a battered halibut over the course of the week--not the whole halibut of course, just a piece of 'im) would also provide one of those 'shock the system' jolts people talk about when they diverge from virtue, but I guess not. Didn't gain, but did lose colour on ketostix. So, back to counting carefully. (Aargh, just heard on the radio about a first time ever recorded tornado in Cranbrook!??? Tossed a truck camper onto the roof of a farmer's shed. What the hell is going on with the weather??)

Anyway, long rambling message that's mostly spurred by my conflicted feelings about having to get strict with carb counts and kind of not wanting to have to get that obsessive again during relaxed summer hols. Plus, a question that someone might know the answer to about whether Fitday deletes non-users after a time.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-01, 11:10

Stats: 130/116/100
BF:
Progress:
Default contact

Did you try and send them an email? I used to forget my password and user name too, then I decided on one user name and password for everything and wrote it on my monitor LOL. Anyway try sending them an email explaining your prob. Tell them what you think the user name, password and email addy should be and maybe they can help you out. If you aren't getting the email telling you what your password is then you must have typed in the wrong email addy when registering. Do you have more than one email account?

Don't know wether they delet users or not, you could ask when you email them with your login problem.

Good luck
Tina
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-01, 11:16
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default fitday ......

No, they don't delete you .... your sign-in name & account is yours for life. I signed up when I first got on the internet last summer ... then didn't use it for over 4 months, and it was still there with all my info.

If you're not getting anything in your inbox, I suspect it may be because you registered with a different email address. Have you changed service provider since you joined, and so now have a new email? That's a reason why I use Hotmail or yahoo ... they'll stay the same no matter what provider I use, or if I move to another province, etc .....

About re-doing Induction. Join the crowd, there seems to be a lot of that going around!! Take it one day at a time. Choose favourite foods that you're allowed and make them special. Two weeks isn't too long, so you'll still be able to enjoy some of the fresh vegetables and berries, etc while they're in season..

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-01, 13:35
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Liz,

Summer is the perfect time to get back to the carb counting grind. There is great BC produce - check out the Saturday farmers market at Trout Lake - and time with your holidays to actually cook interesting LC food.

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-01, 13:50

BF:

I've been poring through a very good recipe book Solomon's Hot and Spicy and yesterday walked down to Granville market to buy lemon grass, shrimp paste, galangal, chilies etc. Lots of the recipes are just spicing on shrimps and meats. One recipe for red cooked chicken looks easy (dark soy sauce, ginger, star anise, garlic, sesame oil and 1 1/2 tbsp sugar (replace with splenda). Forgot to buy the star anise but will acquire today so I can try for tonight's dinner. Looks as if it will provide and meal and then lots of cold chicken snacking afterwords. Also want to try some recipes with coconut milk but will have to rummage around to see what carbs are in it.

Also plan to experiment with some recipes from Easy Curry Cookery out of the Australian Women's Weekly home library. Lamb with coconut cream looks wonderful, but must track the coconut carbs down.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-01, 14:09

BF:

Hmm. ASDA says 100g of canned coconut cream is 8.34 or 6.15 ECC. My can is 560 ml. Okay. Apples and oranges (not the fruit, the metaphor). Actually, that's one reason I don't find ASDA so useful as I'm usually looking in tbsp/cup measures and it's in grams. Aargh. Went to Joy of cooking conversion tables and found tsp into mls and ounces into grams but no grams into mls--I guess cuz one is weight and the other is volume measurement and they presumably vary according to substance. So, anyone know the way out of this swamp? I know it's probably clear as day for some, but when numbers come into things I become sub-idiotic.

Paul, you're a number guy. Help!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-01, 16:30
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Canned coconut milk has 6.35 gr. per cup and there are 240 ml in a cup.

Karen
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-01, 16:42
Forum Founder

BF:

Wa'il's handy-dandy Carb Counter tool, right here on our very own website, lists canned coconut milk in 100 grams, 1 cup and 1 Tbsp...

http://www.lowcarb.ca/low-carb-tools/carb_counter.html

Doreen
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-01, 22:21

BF:

??? Okay, I guess I'm missing the obvious. When I go to the tools and then the asda list, it only lists by 100 gr. All of the pull downs on the page are for other things, but not alternate measures. Sorry to be thick about this, but am I even on the right tool? Hmm. Sounds like I'm asking about something else, but I do mean the carb counter.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-01, 22:36
Forum Founder

BF:
Smile

Liz, once you get the food list with the counts showing, click on Details in the left column. You'll get a nutrient data form, with all the nutrients listed, vitamins amino acids etc... and at the top is a drop down box where you can change the serving size.

Oh, and I see that we can now access these Tools from the red menu bar at the top of the page. There's an accurate Hidden Carb Detective too...

Doreen
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-01, 23:13

BF:

Aha! Thanks for the help. It's always something right under yer nose when things are apuzzle.