Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 16:29
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 182/173/150
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Woosh Fairy????

Hi i was wondering if you would share your experiences with the woosh fairy. Like if you have been stuck for a while how much weight have you actually lost. Does it happen overnight or does it happen over a period of days. Anyway, any past experiences would be of great motivation to me. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 21:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/208/135 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:don't go there!!!
Progress: 30%

Hi alimark
Congrats on you weightloss so far!!

I have been on Atkins for 5.5 weeks and 1.5 wks ago I had kind of cheated on over Memorial weekend and gained 3.5 lbs.

I had been stuck for 3 wks before that at 10lbs lost and was getting frustrated. Then I thought I had REALLY blown it Memorial wknd -but...
By last Sunday June 1st I had lost the 3.5 plus another 3 lbs so it happens very oddly for most people (as you will see by MANY other posts here)
Now I have stayed the same for a week -
Don't get frustrated if it happens in 3 wk increments because even though I have only lost 13 lbs I have lost 6 inches from my hips and 2 from bust and waist so something is always happening to your body even of the scales don't show it!!!
Keep up the great weighltss!!!

#3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 02:03

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

She comes overnight after several days of no weight loss and maybe a slight rise. She likes you to drink plenty of water and stick to your plan like glue.

She cannot be bribed by leaving dollars in a plain envelope which proves she is not native to these parts .

(In joke for anyone living in the ex USSR).

Robert

P.S. Some people say she is not real and what really happens is that fat cells, having given up their fat then fill with water. Finally they collapse and lose their water causing the whoosh we all want and love. Personally I believe in the fairy myself.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 05:09
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Usually I can tell she is coming because I lose inches, but no weight. Then after a couple of days-down a pound. My whooshes are usually just a pound-but every once in a while I get two.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 05:50
Nursing Mama

Plan: High fat 80/15/5
Stats: 255/243/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Sometimes I can tell if she's coming because my fat areas (esp my stomach) feel a little spongy. It's a different feeling than normal. Usually after I notice that feeling, in the next day or two, WOOSH!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 07:00
Contributing Member

Stats: 236/196/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

I just had a 2# Whoosh this morning. That is after 10 days of no movement and a bad eating day yesterday. Go figure!! I was really surprised. I think I'm finding a pattern here. My last 2# loss was after a high carb day too. Maybe my metabolism needs that jolt. It's too soon to tell for sure.

This Whoosh fairy is like the wind. You can't see where she comes from (is it a 'she') or where she is going - you just feel her passing by!

Barb
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 14:34
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 182/173/150
BF:
Progress: 28%

Thank You, Thank You Thank You!!! Thanks for sharing your experiences with me. I know that I should be happy with the loss I have had- and I am - But When I have been stuck for 14 days and I have not swayed at all from this way of eating - I just would like to see a little more pound loss. Anyway congrats to all of ya'll for your success!!! I will say I am dying for a Coke and a Strawberry Margarita!!!! And one day I will have a cheat day and indulge!! Thanks Again!!! Alicia
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 15:47
Registered Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 169/156/140 Female 5 ft 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 45%

hi alicia!
For me it is so weird I just keep dancing around 160. the day that I see 158 on the scale is when the neighbors will wonder what is going on! some days i stay the same and others i drop 2 ! very frustrating ! but I know that one day I will look at the scale and the nubers will change!
becky
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 16:09

Stats: 182.6/162/133 Female 61 inches
BF:What fat??
Progress: 42%

Sorry Alicia. I don't believe in Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, or Whoosh Fairy...LOL. Has not happened to me in 12 weeks of dieting! Maybe I should wait a little longer?
Cheers...Pam