Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 09:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins modified
Stats: 235/220/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:37
Progress: 18%
Default Day 9 - And I complained of no weight loss

Yes, I was the one here complaining on day four of no weight loss....little did I know.........

7 pounds of fat have now left the building!!!!

I know, it doesn't sound like much, but picture 7 pounds of butter...!!!

I have been staying under 30 most days, had one day at about 60 (my bad) and a couple under 20.

I find under 20 VERY hard to do, but I count carbs in eVERYTHING, and when you add 1 carb for two eggs, and 1 carb for a cup of salad, and 1 carb for an ounce of cheese, and 1 carb for a tbsp of whipping cream, and ...and...and... they add up.

I found some recipes I really like....for some awesome 2-carb peanut butter cookies (a little dry, but they help you drink your water!!! always look at the positive) and I really enjoy my flax muffins, which have about 2 carbs each. And the chocolate peanut butter cups from the recipe board are to die for! And only 2-3 carbs each depending how big you make them.

Anyway, that's my success, and happy news of the day. Time to go change my stats....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 09:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Good for you! Yeah, I know that some days are more of a struggle than others. But if you stick with it, eventually your whole way of thinking about food changes. It becomes second nature to just go for the low-carb choices.

It's been nearly 10 months and I'm not any more bored than I was w/ pasta and rice multiple times per week. Keep up the good work!
Cindy
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 09:35

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

Congrats! Sounds like you're doing great.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 10:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Oh that is super you are well on your way

Glad to see you've used some recipes from here, I keep buying the ingredients for treat stuff, but never bother to make them. However you did remind me I need more Flax meal, maybe I'll pick some up and make those muffins

Good luck, Kathy