Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 08:57

Plan: My own
Stats: 340/340/180 Female 5' 10"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Scale went up! Any suggestions?

Morning all, I weighed in this morning and the scale was up! I'm now at 131..75 kg or 289.85 pounds. Not impressed but I guessmy body is making whatever adjustments it needs to. Not going to let it get me down and cause me to cheat or throw inthe towel altogether.

If people could check out my fitday (bottom of the page is the link) and see if there's anything I'm doing wrong, I would really appreciate it!

On a brighter note, this is going to sound odd....I have breasts! LMAO Seriously, my top and middle roll have shrunk to the point where my breasts are noticeable. The top roll is basically gone and I'd say the middle one is about half gone. I was really self conscious about it this morning when I noticed inthe mirror, so I guess I'm making progress even if the scale doesn't agree!

Keeping my chin (yes, only one now!) up!

Nicole
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 10:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Things on fitday look good to me! The body (darn the thing!) just likes to retain things like water and unprocessed food from time to time. Really nasty to see it, but don't worry, as long as you continue like you have, it'll catch up. The good news is that (as you know) the scale doesn't have the whole picture. You are obviously lost inches, I mean your chest has popped right on out!

My suggestion: Patience.

That is the hardest part, so here:
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 11:57
Registered Member

Stats: 190/150/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 133%

I havent even dared weigh myself, for that exact same reason. I KNOW it will show a weight gain. It is a week before TOM for me, and I tend to retain water during that time. I am not going to weigh myself until after.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 12:03

Stats: 360/336/179 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Way to go!

Nicole - congrats, you are headed in the right direction. I too just had a little water retention problem and then whammo it went. Just as Talon says - patience is the key. I have to remember that myself every now and again!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 14:01

Plan: Atkins, BFL modified
Stats: 325/266.5/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi,

Its hard not to get down when the scale does that weird fluctuation thing.....but the water (because you know thats what it is) will soon go and take some of the fat with it. Your fitday looks great so here's a suggestion...I read an article that said the body actually will retain water to help with muscle rebuilding so if you are working out alot or had a particularly hard workout in the last few days then the water may be due to that. Keep up the good work, your doing so good, and about the breasts...its weird isnt it to see those things there sticking out, its kind of like growing a third arm or something, but men like them so I guess thats a plus And they do make your shirts look pretty darn good dont they??
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 17:58
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

I think it is important to learn what normal weight fluctuation is for you. My weight usually fluctuates one or two pounds. I know that other people fluctuate substantially more than that. Given what I know about my normal fluctuation, if I see a larger fluctution I carefully analyze what I ate and the exercise I got over the past few days and I can usually identify the reason for it. For example, often eating in restaurants causes a larger fluctuation for me -- my guess is that the restaurants use more salt in their food than I do and that makes me retain more water. Not getting enough sleep can also cause my weight to fluctuate up. Occasionally, I realize that the reason for the larger fluctuation is because of some new food I added and then I reconsider whether or not I really want that particular food.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 08:49

Plan: My own
Stats: 340/340/180 Female 5' 10"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 0%
Default day 20 no change

weighed in this morning...no change. cutting out jello and dairy and sticking religiously to 3 cups of veggies, regardless of my carb count...perhaps that's where I went wrong?

Nicole