Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 15:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/150.5/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 38%
Question Question re: Darrell Lea Chocolates

Hi everyone,

I live in the States and have been going crazy trying to find Darrell Lea Zero Carb Chocolate Chips. They are the only SF choc chips that I know of that are made with Splenda and have zero effective carbs.

Every place that I find them on the Net indicates they are out of stock (e.g. Synergy Diet says they haven't had them in eons).

Do any of the Aussies know..... Have they gone out of business? Are they only available if you live in Australia (where they are made)? Can they be ordered from any merchant and be shipped to the States?

TIA for any info you might have.

Jill in Phoenix, AZ
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 16:40

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%

Well they definately havn't gone out of business, I have 4 DL shops in the city I live in.....

I don't know if they ship overseas, and I've not seen Chocolate chips down here - we have bars, coated almonds, bunnies at Christmas and I think thats about it in the range.

This is the website http://www.dlea.com.au/default.asp ... they have an overseas order section as a link (I didn't check it out) so maybe you can order direct...

HTH

Fiona
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 16:54

Hi there

I responded in the other post you made about this question

here's their website, maybe you can order direct from them

http://www.dlea.com.au/

Oh and no they definately havn't closed down, I have 4 within 20km of my home ....

Fiona
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 16:57

Stats: 160/150.5/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Thanks Fiona,

I went to their website via the link you provided. They only show a few products available for overseas shipping. I did, however, send them an email to ask about the chips. I'll post a reply here if I get any info.

I'm just curious, do they only sell SF, LC chocolates or are they a regular, sugar chocolate maker too?

Just curious.

Thanks again.
Jill
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 17:18

Oh no they are a regular chocolate maker, they make some of the nicest chocolate goods around, beautiful stuff - it takes all my will power to go into a store and buy just the LC chocolate ... they also sell cards and gift wraps and some "collectables" items.... and some of the yummiest licorice out there .....

*sigh* their soft nougat puddings for Christmas are/were my favourite, I'd hate to know what the carb value of those are

Fiona
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 19:21
Registered Member

Stats: 162.8/147.4/121
BF:33%/33%/??
Progress: 37%
Default Yum

oh yeah, I love those nougat puddings and I've managed to resist them for the last 2 Christmases.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 04:49

Stats: 61/58/50
BF:
Progress: 27%

I had one of the LC bars today for the first time and OMG!! Suddenly, I don't care that we can't get any Atkins brand foods, or low carb breads or cereals or the like. Those chocolates make it all worth it. I wasn't even really a chocolate eater before Atkins, but that bar literally made my afternoon!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 16:48
Registered Member

Stats: 268.4/257.9/205
BF:
Progress: 17%

Are any NZ stores carrying the brand? Are there any LC sweets of choc available here?

I went on the Darrel Lea website and, typical aussies, no mention of NZ in the stores list and no way to order internationally unless in Europe, asia or US