Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 08:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/141/135
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default Skin and Wrinkles

Good morning! I have been on Atkins since Feb 12 and have lost 12 pounds with a few more to go. Just recently I noticed an interesting change! Being 51 yrs old, I had accepted the appearance of "fine lines and wrinkles" ( as they say on the commercial) above my upper lip. Yucky, but that's life. Lately I see that they have faded in depth, as if the lip itself has plumped up. My husband agrees with me!Well, the only change in my life has been the serious leap into the Atkins WOE, which I like so much I will stay with. I have liked it because I am never hungry! My diet has been a good 3-egg omelet with cheese or bacon or whatever at breakfast, then when I am next hungry a huge salad....made with olive oil & red wine vinegar dressing...I mean a big salad, with all my favourite vegies and either shrimp, garlic-sauteed chicken, feta cheese....I have had a salad every day for an early supper for a month. Now I came across this article by Dr. Piccone (?) who mentions salads with olive oil and lemon juice as part of his diet for reducing wrinkles!! Plus salmon, another regular staple in my diet. So..I am actually the world's worst skeptic when it comes to things like this, but I was already wondering if the diet could have anything to do with the change in my skin! Then up pops the article on this wonderful forum!I would like to ask, has anyone else had any changes like this? PS. The nest is not so empty here, one kid is home from her cruise ship contract, but she is helping me to explore new lo-carb recipes, until she leaves again!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 08:37

BF:
Default Correct name of Doctor

Whoops! His name is Dr. Perricone and the article is in the "Latest Research" section of this forum. Love to hear from anyone who is noticing the same results!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 08:48

Stats: 187/157/145
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default Me, too!

Congratulations on your progress! I am 45 and I've lost 25 pounds since mid-January, and I've also noticed fewer wrinkles and less dry skin than I've had on other diets. (I'm a veteran yo-yo dieter who has tried everything for the last ten years ... except Atkins, because I thought it was faddish and dangerous. But, like you, I've found it to be a fantastic experience. I'm never hungry ... and it has been so effective.) Anyway, I'd done low-cal, low-fat, vegetarian and, while I could loose the weight initially, I couldn't stay on the plan because I was always fighting hunger. Also, people used to tell me I looked tired ... because of the sudden loss of fat in my face, I think. One quick question along the same lines: I actually was hoping I would lose weight at my bustline, but that doesn't seem to be happening. (I'm a 32D, so nature has been too generous to me ... and I have a small frame). Do you think it is because of all the fat?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 22:38

BF:
Default Bustline & Weight Loss

Hi! i would not want to hazard a guess about why someone would not lose weight in their bustline while losing elsewhere. Maybe the type of fat in our breasts is different than that we collect over the years of eating carbs! But maybe one of the more scientific types in the forum can answer your question. Wow...25 pounds since January..that is amazing and so great for you! I seem to have stopped losing for the moment, but we'll see. I'd actually be content, except for the ugly loose skin around my middle! Always something to whine about, isn't there!! have a great week.........
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 08:08
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

This thread may be useful:

How Fat Moves About

Beth