Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 21:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 127/115/110
BF:
Progress: 71%
Unhappy had to up my carbs on induction

I had to up my carbs as I was throwing up and was so sick.i went and talked to a friend who does Atkins and she said I was doing to little carbs and throwing my body into shock.I have low blood sugar..I have added sugar free jello with a small amount of whipped cream and I'm feeling better.Any suggestions??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 21:14
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there Tomkat,

First of all, it seems to me that you are trying to "do Atkins" without arming yourself with sufficient information.

According to your profile, you have not yet read any books about low carbing. I would suggest that once you have more information, you might have a better understanding of what is going on, rather than just relying on your friend.

Are you sure you want to do Atkins rather than another plan? There are summaries of several plans in "Which low carb plan is that?" to the right of your screen. Whichever plan you choose, please buy, then read the book thoroughly.

Many of us feel dreadful during the first few days of Induction as we detox from carbs. If you have low blood sugar, the best thing you can do for it is to have regular meals with sufficient protein. Extra carbs will simply exacerbate the condition.

I hope you feel better soon and I wish you all the best.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 05:35
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Rosebud is right

I also have low blood sugar. I found that for Induction I had to drop all artificial sweetners as well. Remember you mind plays many tricks to get you to eat carbs. Carb addiction isn't an easy thing to get over. I wish you the Best and welcome on board.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 13:00

Stats: 127/115/110
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default had to give up carbs on induction

My friend is a very reliable sorce of information as she has been doing Atkins for about 5 years,she lost over 40lbs. and has keep it off!!!! I have lost 6lbs.so far and considering that I don't have very large numbers of pounds to lose I think this is great...I know that the more you have to lose the faster it drops off,and the closer you get to your goal the slower it goes.I am still watching my carbs but I'm not restricting it to 20g everyday.With this and walking a mile a day I am doing well,and now that i upped my carbs just a little I know longer feel sick and am still losing weight.And thats the whole goal!!!!!!! So everyone has a different body and not all react the same to certain things.