Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 09:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/170/136
BF:
Progress: 13%
Angry faithful but not losing

Hi, I am very new to forum and hope someone can help. I have stuck faithfully to diet 20carbs per day and after losing 9lbs starting putting some weight back on. Dropped to 10-15 carbs a day doing extra walking each day, not leaving it too long before meals and everything else that the Atkins books tells you to do/not do but have not lost anymore weight or inches for over two weeks now. Any suggestions.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 09:13

Plan: Atkins (OWL)
Stats: 183/153/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hi Sheila!

Don't give up. You don't have that far to go to get to your goal weight, so the pounds will come off more slowly for you. Just stick to the plan, drink lots of water, and keep getting exercise. You might want to start a journal and post your menu each day. Sometimes other people can figure out if you are consuming something that would slow down your weight loss. Good luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 09:22

BF:

thanks - I plan to keep on going and not to quit as it is so easy to do - but when the weight loss stops it is a bit disappointing.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 10:21
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

I don't think dropping your carbs to 10-15 is really going to help much. Sometimes you just have to be patient and trust the process. I went 4 weeks with no weight loss once and while it was frustrating-the scale did start to move a little. Plus, weight loss is not a completely linear thing. It goes up and then down and then sometimes up for a few days. The OVERALL trend is downward, but there will be peaks in there. Could be water weight, could be due to hormones, could be due to the full moon-LOL.

The less weight we have to lose we tend to lose slower. Sad, but true.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 10:25

Stats: 367/225/175
BF:
Progress: 74%

Hi Sheila.

Like Chickadee said, you might want to post your daily menu and see if someone can pinpoint if there is something holding you back.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 10:26

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hi there, been there done that ! Have a read through my journal, if you have time. It does get better.

Start your own as well, it's a great tool.

Cheers Kathy
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 10:50
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

I was wondering if it was just me it was happening to now. I know how you feel Sheila. It is happening to me and to Sirius.

I started Atkins on Wed 19th Feb and I have not been cheating I lost three pounds and then on Wedneday when I weighed I had put on 1 pound on Thursday when I weighed I still had the extra pound and today I am up another 1 pound .

Therefore I lost three and then gained two. I can't explain it. Someone suggested I get a lo carb book to read about stalls and I have to get it today or tomorrow.

I am drinking over 4 litres of water per day at least and I have not cheated. So I don't know what it could be.

Don't give up. I won't either. Maybe we will get the whoosh that everyone speaks about on this forum.

Be safe
red
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 10:01

BF:

thank for all replies - it is now six weeks since I started and apart from original loss I have stayed the same weight. Feeling very down at the moment BUT WILL NOT GIVE UP. I just cannot understand what I am burning up as energy - if it is not carbs, not protein (have taken notice of what the book says) and not fat - then what is it? I am walking more - every other day about 2-3 miles and as the weather is picking up here I am getting out into the garden again.

Very pleased I got in touch with the web site - and reading other peoples experiences.

thanks again

sheila
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 10:04
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Have you measured? Lots of times I don't lose weight, but lose inches somewhere. In fact, I put on two pounds, but lost a half an inch in my thigh (the two pounds did eventually come off and took another 1/2 pound with them). With all the exercise you are doing are you sure you are just not gaining muscle? That will cause the scale to not move.

MEASURE!!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 10:15
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Sheila! I hope everything is good with you.

I stayed with it despite the fact that I was disappointed and someone looked at my journal and made some suggestions (Thank you Mad Scientist ) and then as of today I have lost 4 pounds 5 pounds in total. I am continuing induction because my weigh loss seems to be slow but now it does not go up.

I agree with Paleoanth about the measurements because when I was not losing lbs or when I lost and then gained, I could feel a difference in clothes and I lost inches.

Stick with it and the pounds or inches will come off.

red
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 11:03

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hi every one.
I have an yeast thing going on. that us gals get now and then. I got on scale yesterday. was same. but few days before that lost 2lbs and then gained back next day. Now today. i lost1-2 lbs. coundnt see this morning. ha.
but looks like down after stall. those stall really get to you sometimes.
i need some one to look what i have. maybe not enough fat. calaries are good. some days more then others. but depends what i have. Carbs 20. iam on5weeks. Monday will be 6 weeks. iam still burning keytones.
but tom is in week so maybe that is why weight is not moving or up and down. it is hard to stay off scale like they say. to weigh every 14 days to month. i can not do that. need help to move this. so i dont go backl to dieting the old way. also Monday will take my measurements to keep track each month. wish me luck hope to talk to you all soon. love this site