Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 19:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%
Wink Need some advice from some seniors, (members that is)

Well I'm in day 35 here, still keeping carbs pretty darn close to 20, some days just under, rarely over.
I lost 10 pounds in about 16 days in the beginning, but nothing since
I have just this week lost a wee bit in inches, and felt so sure I was down ( felt so much lighter), but wieghed in the same today.

I'd really be happy if some of you members with so much experience could pop by my journal and give any suggestions, ect.

Thanks

Kathy54
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 22:57

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Hi Kathy! I skimmed your journal for any obvious faux pas and had to admit I couldn't find any. Then I realized... it's only been a little over two weeks since you stopped reporting a loss. This is very normal. My beginning results were similar: Lost about 13 pounds over the first 20 or so days and then didn't record another loss for a few weeks. It's quite possible your body is adjusting to the loss and will hang on for a bit.

It seems you're eating a lot of veggies, good dairy sources, and adding in some fruit and nuts. Very healthful, but if you're really worried about the scale maybe try cutting out something like nuts for a week and see if that works. Or cut out fruit for a week. Or limit dairy for a week.

All in all though, it seems like you're right on track.

Angela
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 00:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Thanks Skamito, I appreciate you having a look, it just helps to have someone else Critique it, I guess, like I say, I'm not really too concerned, but thought if I was doing something wrong, that I did'nt know about or clue into, better to find out now eh

Yes the nuts, are in the form of Almond butter, I 've only had it twice, I think, but will watch it, I guess it's the Cottage cheese, I was'nt sure if it was the best choice, I'm able to get 4% which has the least carbs. But man, do Blueberries go good in it!
Since I happen to have about 35 pounds of them in the freezer. However I limit myself to a 1/4 cup a day, that is all the fruit I've added at this point. Yep I do love my veggie's they are the first thing gone off my plate, but I am measuring them.

Thanks again

Kathy